What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N728TT First Flight

Auburntsts

Well Known Member
I'm officially the owner of a flying RV-10 now! The flight was short, (3 circuits around the field -- first at pattern altitude, 2nd a low approach, 3rd the first landing). Thanks to David Maib, my transition instructor, the flight was a non-event and the plane flew as advertised. I do have an oil leak which appears to be at the filter, but I'll get that sorted shortly.

FP03052015A0000D.jpg

FP03052015A0000E.jpg

FP03052015A0000F.jpg

Congratulations

Congratulations. May you experience many hundreds of safe and fun filled hours flying it to new destinations. This is now your personal time machine :D

Congratulations Todd! Have fun exploring the envelope of your newly minted RV-10.

Congratulations Todd! Will you be able to make annual BD party at Cedar Meadows? It's within "The Cage" right? You will get the newest RV award :)

Vlad, thanks and maybe. Not sure yet what's going on that weekend plus it's hard to commit not knowing if I'll out be out of Phase I. I'll keep the party in mind though.

I don't know...it's gonna be hard to sand when you could be flying instead. Congrats!

==dave==

OUTstanding! We're still plugging along on our -10. Always nice to get a little motivational boost.

CONGRATS!

Congrats!!

Nice looking plane.

Oh how i yearn for that moment and that special grin! Enjoy the magic carpet.

That is a great RV grin, Todd. I am happy to hear that you are flying. Congratulations!:cool:

Congratulations!

I remember just getting started on my 10 and I brought my VS to your house for some help. You were still working on your wings. .... I just finished painting my fuse interior yesterday. I hate painting. Thought that job would never end. Dragged my heals for months. Your flight gives new motivation to press on.

Very well done, Todd!

-Joe

Congratulations and War Eagle

Awesome to see the interlocking AU on the front page of VAF today. Made my day in a couple of ways... the hat and the new airplane. Enjoy it.

Back