What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Hangar Space (Sacramento area)

Looking for hangar space ideally near Sacramento. I have yet to purchase, but am hunting for an RV-4 and would like to know that I have a place to put it when I get the aircraft. Thanks in advance!

If you're willing to locate to Yolo Airport, in Yolo County between Woodland and Davis (KDWU), they seem to have a bit more hangar turnover than other airports. Send a PM and I'll inquire with the owner's representative.

If you're willing to locate to Yolo Airport, in Yolo County between Woodland and Davis (KDWU), they seem to have a bit more hangar turnover than other airports. Send a PM and I'll inquire with the owner's representative.

I actually live in Davis now and road bike over to the Yolo Airport on my exercise route. It looks like a pretty nicely maintained airport! I figured that it would be impossible to get a place there..

I actually live in Davis now and road bike over to the Yolo Airport on my exercise route. It looks like a pretty nicely maintained airport! I figured that it would be impossible to get a place there..

Yolo is possible, took me three years for privately owned hangar. You might check with the county on theirs. Don't let them offer you the one next to the new flight school - it floods and nobody wants it.
University is impossible, wait list is longer than it will be open...
Executive comes open regularly but some are lousy, wet, dirty, poor lighting and power, so check it out first!
Good luck.

Last edited:
Yolo is possible, took me three years for privately owned hangar. You might check with the county on theirs. Don't let them offer you the one next to the new flight school - it floods and nobody wants it.
University is impossible, wait list is longer than it will be open...
Executive comes open regularly but some are lousy, wet, dirty, poor lighting and power, so check it out first!
Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll check those out.

SAC has hangars available; they have a long waiting list but most on the list don't take them and choose not to get off the list.

Go and get on the list and then tell them the date you want a hangar, and they can usually accommodate these days.

There's a fairly active RV Club, SacRVators, that covers the Sacramento Valley, Sierra foothills, to Fairfield and Stockton. I'm organizing their annual Christmas dinner :rolleyes: I'll send a PM with the president's contact info.

SAC has hangars available; they have a long waiting list but most on the list don't take them and choose not to get off the list.

Go and get on the list and then tell them the date you want a hangar, and they can usually accommodate these days.

Awesome. And you're talking about Sac Executive right?

There's a fairly active RV Club, SacRVators, that covers the Sacramento Valley, Sierra foothills, to Fairfield and Stockton. I'm organizing their annual Christmas dinner :rolleyes: I'll send a PM with the president's contact info.

Haha gotta love organizing the annual Christmas Party... Thank you for the help!

Looking for hangar space ideally near Sacramento. I have yet to purchase, but am hunting for an RV-4 and would like to know that I have a place to put it when I get the aircraft. Thanks in advance!

I'm sending you a private message.

Back