What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blast tube

Ron B.

Well Known Member
The 5/8" plastic cooling blast tubes Van's provides come in 18" lengths. In Canada we need a gascolator and I made a cooling shroud and removed a mag. , so I would like to run a 5/8" blast tube from the baffle to the shroud. I need 30" long and Van's only buys 18" lengths. Anyone know where I could purchase a 3 ft. length?

Pretty sure you can just buy it by the foot from Vans. Just call the parts order desk and ask for it.

It also comes in 25' and 50' lengths.

DUCT CBT 5/8

Pretty sure you can just buy it by the foot from Vans. Just call the parts order desk and ask for it.

It also comes in 25' and 50' lengths.

DUCT CBT 5/8

Joe, as I indicated in my original post Van's only carries the 18" lengths , I did speak with Jasmine today at Van's and she said she could not help me.

Jason and Bill , it's not what I asked for as I think what I asked for was poly tube and this is nylon, but who cares. Unless I need flame resistant where as I'm using it firewall forward. Is there a concern?
Thanks Guy's.

Jason and Bill , it's not what I asked for as I think what I asked for was poly tube and this is nylon, but who cares. Unless I need flame resistant where as I'm using it firewall forward. Is there a concern?
Thanks Guy's.

I recall it being the same material.

From the link I posted earlier.

Description

Nylon corrugated tube. 0.810" OD. Use for wire runs in the wings and fuselage. Suitable for engine compartment, but maintain 4-6" from exhaust system. Included in wiring kit.

Back