What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SoCal Flying, Coast to Mountains

pmccoy

Well Known Member
Hi All, couldn't resist jumping in my RV-9A and going for a ride today. Here in SoCal we having a saying, "You can surf in the morning, and ski in the afternoon". Well I did an RV spin on that. First I flew out over the beach, then circled back and landed up at Big Bear Lake. Big Bear had a nice snow storm go through a couple of days back, so it was very scenic. Oh, and I managed to fly over my two houses in one flight. I took a few photos along the way...

Starting with the price of 100LL at Chino (KCNO). Turns out we have three FBO's fighting for fuel business. The result is lower and lower prices for fuel. This is the lowest I have seen in quite some time.
IMG_3749.jpg

Approaching the Pacific Coast near Dana Point in Southern California.
IMG_3750.jpg

Flying over my house in Laguna Niguel, CA. I live on the other side of the street, just across from the big cliff in the foreground.
IMG_3762.jpg

Leaving the coast and heading East. I think this might be Rancho Santa Margarita.
IMG_3767.jpg

Flying in from the West end of Big Bear Lake. After the snow it's looks great.
IMG_3774.jpg

Snow Summit ski resort at Big Bear Lake. Even though the storm covered the entire mountain, I think only two runs are open from the top down.
IMG_3788.jpg

Downwind at Big Bear (L35). This shot is over my cabin, which is under the downwind flight path at Big Bear. I love it. The wife not so much...
IMG_3792.jpg

Final approach to Big Bear Lake (L35)
IMG_3803.jpg

Final approach back home at home base. Chino (KCNO)
IMG_3809.jpg

Last edited:
Back