- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:36 PM

Default L05 Backcountry Fly-In This Weekend

For those without plans this weekend, there will be a backcountry fly-in at Kern Valley (L05) this weekend September 28-30. The airport itself is a 3500ft paved runway, and Saturday during the day planes will be departing to explore nearby mountain and desert dirt strips. Onsite camping for $20/night with hot showers. Local microbrewery Friday night, and a tri-tip BBQ at the airport Saturday night. Hope to see several RVs there!
Old 01-13-2021, 12:16 PM

Wondering if this Covid 19 restriction will ever go away for good. This is something I'd like to do in my RV-12.
RV-12, #212 N72DJ, bought flying. A Blessing in disguise. Thank you Double D!
Old 01-13-2021, 12:19 PM

I was last there in late 2020 and the campground itself was open, but the shower house is closed due to Covid.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:59 PM

It was closed completely during the holidays. I drove by last weekend and not a single plane was there. Usually see 2 or 3 airplanes there. Call before coming out.
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weight out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk.