What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N84TH Flies!

sapeloson

Well Known Member
April 23rd, 2010 the tail kit for my RV8 arrived. After almost 10 years of building, she flew for the first time yesterday. Even though I have had my transition training and are quilified to fly her. I don't have the tailwheel experience nor the understaning of the intracacies of engine performance "should and should not's". Knowing I would have Vic Syracuse be the DAR, I had him come down a few years ago to make sure I was headed in the right direction. Last month when I put in the paperwork for an inspection, I asked if he would be the "test pilot" for my maiden voyage, he agreed. Yesterday, I received my "airworthiness certificate" and Vic flew the plane. All was good! I plan to get a few more hours of training over the next few weeks and begin phase 1.

Huge shout out to Vic and "BaseLeg Aviation" for keeping me headed in the right direction!

N84TH%20Airworthiness%20Cert_zpsrimybfsl.jpg
[/URL]

Congratulations!!!!

Mucho contrats on the first flight and wishing a painless phase 1.

v/r,dr

Gee that's sweet-) the 8 (conventional u/c naturally) is the best Vans design hands down and you have an amazing example right there -)

Back