What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CFI Instruction

JordanGrant

Well Known Member
All,
I'm looking for someone that does CFI instruction for RVs. I want to do a CFI SEL checkride in my RV-6. My current situation is a bit complex (Mil-competency CFII-Airplane, but expired, and never had SEL because I was an F-15 instructor). But more importantly than all that, I want to learn how to safely and effectively teach primary flight instruction (or transition) in an RV.

If you have any leads, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

All,
I'm looking for someone that does CFI instruction for RVs. I want to do a CFI SEL checkride in my RV-6. My current situation is a bit complex (Mil-competency CFII-Airplane, but expired, and never had SEL because I was an F-15 instructor). But more importantly than all that, I want to learn how to safely and effectively teach primary flight instruction (or transition) in an RV.

If you have any leads, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

HI Jordan,

Well, I'm too far away and not qualified to instruct (my opinion) in a -6 anyway. Just wanted to be sure you're up to date on "rules".
The FAA allows examiners to "opt out" of EABs. Some will, some will not, give check rides in a -6. You may need to hunt around.
You may instruct primary students in their RV, but not in yours. Bottom line is that there aren't that many students with their own (or free access to someone else's) RV.
You may give transition training in your RV, with a waiver of the not-for-hire rule. Easy to get. Search these forums for "LODA".

I've not been an active CFI for quite some years, but the CFI part is much more significant than the RV part.

Just my opinion...

Ed

Back