What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sport EX to GTX327

FlyFastJP

Well Known Member
Other than providing the encoder info to the 327, will a Sport EX be able to control anything else on this particular transponder? Things like mode, ident, code, etc...

Other than providing the encoder info to the 327, will a Sport EX be able to control anything else on this particular transponder? Things like mode, ident, code, etc...

I think the answer is no. But what specifically do you have in mind?
1. Mode. By law, you must run it on ALT (mode C) 100% of the time.
2. Ident. You can run a wire directly from the 327 to a stick button or panel button to cause the xponder to Ident. Efis not needed.
3. Code. You have to set this by hand in the 327, to my knowledge.

Most of the grt efis units can control a remote mounted Trig TT22 transponder. This is what I have, and the only thing I ever control with the efis is the squawk code (I have a stick button for ident).

I am about to buy an EX and I thought I had read here somewhere that someone was able to get it to control a 327. I have searched but couldn't find it. I guess I was mistaken.

I'm about to cut a new panel and was hoping to move the xpdr off. I really don't want to buy another as my current 327/echoUAT work just fine.

Back