What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advanced Flight EFIS Software Release

N402RH

Well Known Member
Advanced Flight Systems just posted our long-awaited Version 15 software release for the AF-5000 series of EFIS screens, which includes a number of new features:
• Improved graphics.
• Ability to use a Garmin G5 as the backup ADAHRS. The new software even does ADAHRS cross- checking between the Dynon ADAHRS and the G5 ADAHRS.
• New Airspeed filtering algorithm improves the airspeed display in turbulence
• New AHRS filtering algorithm.
• Ability to tune and push frequencies to an Avidyne IFD radio from the EFIS.
• Ability to tune and push frequencies to a Garmin radio (GTR200, GTR255, GTR225) from the EFIS.
• Ability to send ADS-B weather and traffic to the Avidyne IFD Navigator display.
• Improved integration with the PS Engineering PDA-360 Remote Audio panel with Bluetooth phone and music.
• Remote MFD map control from the PFD Joystick. When displaying a map on the PFD, the joystick will control the remote MFD map.
• EFIS Inset Windows (profile view, flight plan, traffic, map, g-meter).
• Display Sectional, IFR Low or IFR High charts in Track Up or North Up
• Added Nexrad WX to Sectional chart.

Link to new Software: http://www.advancedflightsystems.com/af-5000-software-updates.php

AF-5000 Video Pilot Guide YouTube Page:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4uxyWWIBLW5dXqRmzOWKug?view_as=subscriber

2018 was an incredible year for Advanced Flight Systems! With the introduction of our Advanced Control Module with Electronic Circuit Breakers, sales grew at an exceptional rate.
We also introduced a new and improved web site at the end of 2018: http://www.advancedflightsystems.com/ Check it out!
32793407378_d74483347b_b.jpg

RV-10 with G5 Interface
45943279914_336436284e_b.jpg

New ADAHRS Selection Screen
46615529732_075e0bd12e_b.jpg

RV-7 IFR Panel
45943259604_1d1dd4580a_b.jpg

RV-14 IFR Panel
45752999555_127c60271b_b.jpg

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
N402RH RV-10 (Flying 10 Years) RV-12iS (Under Construction)

Last edited:
A short write up/video on how to send traffic to IFD and how to diaplay weather on sectional would be great. Thanks.

WOW! Absolutely speechless! What an amazing set of features. Especially impressed with the cooperation on the Garmin G5, crossing the boundaries of competition for the sake of safety.

I feel like I'm stuck in the dark ages with my Skyview gear now, still waiting for features that were promised in 2018. :(

Last edited:
WOW! Absolutely speechless! What an amazing set of features. Especially impressed with the cooperation on the Garmin G5, crossing the boundaries of competition for the sake of safety.

Agreed - that is a VERY nice set of cross-platform integration features you've got going on there. Well done.

awesome news, keep the good work coming!

are there updates to the wiring diagram or required connectivity between the G5 and the AFS unit? Can you point me in the right direction? Tim @ Approach is doing my wiring, so I'd be ultimately providing a link to him

second question, is this going to be available for the "non-touch" screens? I noticed your link only includes a updated download for the touch compatible screens

Last edited:
Fantastic

Nice work Rob. Keep up the great work. So glad I went AFS.

If you are building, DO NOT overlook the AFS/Dynon equipment!!

AHRS backup

Using the G5 as the second AHRS - man that is cool. I tried to research if the Mini-X (my personal favorite backup) would work for this too, and it looks like they don't make that data available. Two questions:

1. Do you have plans to support any of the other small efis boxes as a backup ahrs?

2. Do you know if the Dynon side will be adding this feature too?

That?s awesome about the G5, I got it in my panel as a backup, and all the new features. And the quick build panel is awesome, harnesses all done, very tidy install, AFS is great to work with. Thx Rob, Stephan and team.

Pages from the updated AF-5000 install manual:

45788743625_8b84b71c12_o.png

32829309808_ce73f3bbcb_h.jpg

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
N402RH RV-10 RV-12iS Under Construction

Is the 15.2 manual something to see on the website soon or is it just something you are working on? And will you be a dealer for the G5?
Thanks

Last edited:
Is the 15.2 manual something to see on the website soon or is it just something you are working on? And will you be a dealer for the G5?
Thanks

Version 15.1 of the install manual is on the web site, we are almost ready to post 15.2

We are not a dealer for the G5.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

Back