What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SW Oklahoma $100 hamburger recomendations?

RV7AJeremy

Well Known Member
I am staying in SW (Altus) Oklahoma for a while and feel the urge to burn some gas! Anyone have any recommendations for a cool place to fly to within an hours flight? Looking for a Sunday morning breakfast somewhere. :D

Stearman Field 1K1

I am staying in SW (Altus) Oklahoma for a while and feel the urge to burn some gas! Anyone have any recommendations for a cool place to fly to within an hours flight? Looking for a Sunday morning breakfast somewhere. :D

Check out Stearman Field (1K1) in the Wichita, KS area. Nice bar and grill right on the field with a Sunday morning breakfast buffet. www.stearmanbarandgrill.com. Looks like a 1:11 flight from Altus at 160 kts.

If you end up coming and want some company, my wife and I would welcome the opportunity to meet you. I bet I could scare up another RVer or two on the field as well. PM if interested.

I used to go up to the little cafe on the field at Norman, great all you can eat breakfast.

I second both Stearman and Norman. Be advised though Norman is cash only. Also Ponca City (KPNC) has a great fly in breakfast the first Sat of every month that is always well attended.

Thanks for the recommendations. Flew up to Stearman and had a wonderful time with fellow VAFers! Love this community!

Hey Jeremy it was great to meet you today. Thanks for flying up, and thank you for your service to our country!

Back