What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wire panel to a single connector

A5555

Well Known Member
AMP 37 pin connector is full. now I need another one.

100_5023.jpg

100_5003.jpg

Last edited:
AMP 37 pin connector is full. now I need another one.

100_5023.jpg

100_5003.jpg

I used a 63 pin Amp CPC connector, plus two 12-pin Universal Mate-N-Lok connectors for power and ground connectioins to the panel.

I don't switch any power on the panel, all that is done with a relay tray in mid-fuselage. This allows me to route 22 AWG control wires rather than larger power wires.

The UML connectors carry redundant grounds and power for the avionics.

wiring single source

Vern, do you have any pictures or diagrams how that lays out. That sure would cut down on connectors if you want disconnectabilty with the systems.. Thanks.

panel power wires are 16 gauge

all of my power wires on the panel and from the panel are 16 gauge. that makes getting all the wires in a squeeze.

Vern, do you have any pictures or diagrams how that lays out. That sure would cut down on connectors if you want disconnectabilty with the systems.. Thanks.

Here's a link to my Rocket schematic. You will need to download the Express PCB application from here.

Note: I don't have the time to answer any questions about this schematic ... you're on your own.

Last edited:
now two connectors for panel

wiring complete. two bundles each side by side allowed enough room for cover to clear. that's a lot of wire! now to insulate the firewall. I have the heavy ceramic insulation recommended by Dan H and I thinking of how best to attach it to the firewall.....

100_5114.jpg

100_5111.jpg

Last edited:
CPC Connectors

Steve, beautiful work.. Using the same connectors on my 9A, fortunatly I work for the company that manufactures them.. I do have a question, do you have any pictures of the back of your panel? I would like to see how you connected off of your switches, instruments and indicator lights to the CPC connectors.. Thanks,
Mark C. RV9A

Steve, I am just getting to this part of the build. What I need is about 50 pictures of every wire you have done! Isn't there some sort of rule that if you know what you are doing you are required to post pictures so those of us who don't can copy? That was my understanding!!

And Mark, if you make those connectors, you should be able to slip a handful or two into your lunch bag, right?

I may get my plane wired after all!!

Thanks Steve, very nice work!... and Rockwood yes its a real benefit, I get all the connectors I need..
Mark C.
VAF Supporter

Back