What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

garmin data card

49clipper

Well Known Member
Are you supposed to leave the purchased data card in the gdu-460 when in use or leave the garmin blank in? I read somewhere to leave the blank in except to download new data. makes no sense to me to do that.

SD Card Slot

Are you supposed to leave the purchased data card in the gdu-460 when in use or leave the garmin blank in? I read somewhere to leave the blank in except to download new data. makes no sense to me to do that.

Good Afternoon,

Great question! We recommend leaving an SD card in your display at all times. We save quite a variety of system parameters on the 1 hz logs that are written to the card, and if you ever have any questions about autopilot modes, external navigator sequencing, or any number of other topics from one of your flights, we can review the flight logs with you to clarify anything that you are unsure of.

It can also be helpful to have a record of engine performance from each flight to analyze if the need arises.

Thanks,

Justin

Follow up question, for those of us with dual G3X’s.... any benefit to having a card in both pfd and mfd? I have previously only used my pfd with a card.

I keep one in each

For redundancy but also if I want to take a screenshot of the MFD, it’s easy if the card is in it.

GSU 25 Data Log

Follow up question, for those of us with dual G3X’s.... any benefit to having a card in both pfd and mfd? I have previously only used my pfd with a card.

Another good question, if you have dual GSU 25's, the PFD logs AHRS data from GSU 25 #1. By leaving an SD card in the second display, you can log AHRS data from GSU 25 #2.

Thanks,

Justin

Back