What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replace Seat Cushions

dhsa

Can anyone assist with ideas as to where to get a new seat cushion (just the core for the pilot seating area, not the back)? Its an Oregon Aero seat and i'm wondering if I have to replace it with Oregon Aero provided foam or is there a more economical way to do it with as high of quality?

If you are willing to carve the foam yourself, you can purchase good quality
comforfoam from seatfoam.com. Generally one inch of blue foam goes on the bottom and you can glue( with spray adhesive) one inch of pink foam on top. To get the contouring of the OA cushion you may need to add thin layers to match the OA cushion. An electric knife works well at cutting the foam.

Use some common sense here. Because you sit over the rigid spar carry-thru, that cushion has been engineered to provide controlled crush space, in the event of vertical deceleration. Don't make it softer or thinner.

Can anyone assist with ideas as to where to get a new seat cushion (just the core for the pilot seating area, not the back)? Its an Oregon Aero seat and i'm wondering if I have to replace it with Oregon Aero provided foam or is there a more economical way to do it with as high of quality?

Give Geoff a call at Aerosport Products a call. He should be able to assist you. The front seat foam isn't on the web site, but I've seen him make some pretty amazing mods to the front seats.

The foam I referenced is what the OA seats are made of. The comforfoam is the nasa designed foam that prevents the cushion from bottoming out and protects the tailbone in the event of an accident.

Back