What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tiedown in Phoenix area?

Joe

Well Known Member
For the past 15 years I've been flying to Mesa for a sun break but I'm now at the point where I'm looking for an airfield with less congestion and lower tiedown fees. I'd prefer something on the east side of the Valley. A nearby car-rental place would be a plus. Any suggestions?

P.S. I've been to DVT and while it was OK for a transient, I don't care to base there.

Thanks,
Joe
http://www.mail2600.com/rv

Last edited:
Stellar

I have had good luck at Stellar P19. $5/day or $65/mo with gas discounts for monthly tie-downs.

I go into Stellar all the time to visit a buddy who is resident there, but the place is a good transient spot with a little planning. There's an Avis/Hertz agency within a mile or so, so thats not too bad.

Stellar Airpark

That a great tip -- thank you, John and Michael. I had never thought of Stellar; didn't realize it was open to the public and had tiedowns. I'm going to phone the FBO Monday and check it out.

Maybe I'll be able to get out of here next week and away from the snow and rain. Woo hoo!

--
Joe

Maybe I'll be able to get out of here next week and away from the snow and rain. Woo hoo!

--
Joe

I was told by an Independence local that the Winters are mild and the little bit of snow that falls doesn't stick.... Guess that's not quite accurate!

-Marc

Stellar (P19)

I live at Stellar and it is a great place for transient AC. Tie downs are cheap, close to freeways, shopping and other attractions. There is an Enterprise rental a mile away. If you need a short term vehicle you can use my truck. Warning, it is an F250 with V-10:).

Much better than dealing with the training fur ball at Falcon or Chandler.

Much better than dealing with the training fur ball at Falcon or Chandler.
Totally agree. I've flown out of FFZ since before PHX had Class-B airspace but this latest configuration has managed to suck nearly all the fun out of flying down for a sun break.

Thanks for the short-term vehicle offer, Darwin. My plan is to walk if it's only a mile. But the thing I'd like most is to see a friendly RVer's or two and maybe hang out for a bit. The fenced, locked-down, towered fields are so sterile that I didn't meet a single RVer the last time or two.

--
Joe

I used to park at P19 when I visited my family in chandler before I moved here. Way mo betta than CHD.

Back