What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Config. Parameters RV12

jrock836

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a print out of the various RV12 Dynon Configuration Parameters?

I just got my Skyview back from Dynon after being repaired and I suspect some of my spar pin parameters may have been changed. I don't want to load the latest Van's file, because I don't have a canopy switch installed and don't want to have an alarm sounding. From reading the Van's documentation, it seems that I will get a canopy alarm if I load the latest file. I'm assuming that I won't be able to turn off the alarm if I load the file.

If I can get a print out of the parameters I can make any needed changes manually. I especially would like to see someone's Spar Pin parameters as displayed in the SETUP.

Last edited:
You can turn OFF the Canopy OPEN alarm and delete the screen indication on the Skyview.

You can turn OFF the Canopy OPEN alarm and delete the screen indication on the Skyview.

The Read Me pdf file makes it sound like you're stuck with an alarm if you don't have the switch installed... Is it as simple as going into SETUP and turning it off?

Important Notes: Read Me First
NOTE: Canopy Safety Switch and Alarm
This software adds functionality for the Canopy Open Safety Switch alarm, which is intended to notify the pilot if
the canopy is not fully secured prior to takeoff and/or while in flight. This software change will cause an alarm to
activate continuously if the switch is not installed. Van’s strongly recommends aircraft owners purchase and install
the Canopy Open Safety Switch retrofit kit ES-00300 before installing this software and settings update. See SL 16-
11-04 and N 14-05-22.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
not sure if you figured out where to go;
Power on Dynon, after it boots hold the 2 right buttons to get into the setup menu.
select > EMS SETUP
select > SENSOR SETUP
select > CANOPY CONTACT
the right screen has all the settings.

Thanks all.. I got it working without having to load the Van's file.. I have a trip in a couple of days and don't want to screw it all up right now. I'll try loading the file in the next week or so.

I had always been reluctant to load the newest file due to the Van's warning about what would happen if I didn't have a canopy switch..

Not sure why they issued the warning if the alarm can just be turned off in Set Up...

Back