What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question and Ideas:

dsm8

Well Known Member
Patron
Regarding Pg 31-B-26

Does anyone have a picture on where the hole needs to be drilled to route the wires for the canopy latch and cockpit light? The directions are a little unclear.

Does the flap handle get painted before installation or has anyone painted it after installation?

Pg 31-B-25, the routing of the wiring was under the pedals was very difficult. I found it much easier to turn the aircraft upside down and work on it from below. I am not a huge person, but unless you are 4 feet tall this may be an easier alternative.

One of the challenges of working in the fuselage is the lack of light. I have tried all sorts of lights, halogens too hot, LED not bright enough to, even toyed with buying a very expensive fiber optic surgical headlamp. I found a GRDE zoomable headlamp that a colleagues of mine uses in the emergency department. It is very bright, comfortable to wear and rechargeable. Comes with every type of recharging device one could think of. It cost 19.99 at Amazon. I used it for four hours today and it worked as I had hoped.

Back