What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Home built camping question

togaflyer

Well Known Member
This year we plan to attend Osh on the back half, arriving Wednesday through Sunday. Just wondering any issues getting a spot at home built camping. I know the night show is on Wednesday so arrival needs to be between the day shows and the night show. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Rich,
There ought to be a spot for you, but be flexible. There’s zero guarantee that they’ll park you near the pavilion.

As usual, show up with fuel to hold or even divert.

You already get the notion that (arrival) timing is everything. If there’s any way to show up that morning, I believe that’d be your best bet.

Yea just looked over the schedule and I see the show starts at 1430. Flying from McKinney TX so should be able to get in well before the start time. We have always come in for opening and left Thursday. As long as we got a place for the plane and tent, we are good. Gonna be a lot of flying. Picking up a Grandson in Groton Ct, then we are flying to McKinney Tx, to pick up my son, then to Osh. Then all in reverse. But soooo worth it. Last trip to Osh, my Grandson was told the golden rule……..

“what happens in Oshkosh, stays in Oshkosh”. His momma is still wondering what we did there :)

Last edited:
Back