What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNX375 Approaches - altitude data field?

agent4573

Well Known Member
Learning the new system, and it seems like this isn't an option. On the G1000 and 650/750 navigators, when you load/activate an approach, on the flight plan page, you get the altitude for your waypoints. On the 375, that isn't an option for the data fields. The only data field with altitude info is the enroute safe altitude, and that's not very helpful during an approach. This leaves me with no vertical guidance unless I pull up the plate on the MFD. How I was taught on the G1000 was to use the full PFD for situational awareness and scanning, and split the MFD on the moving map and the flight plan. It seems like this screen setup isn't possible with the 375 unless I'm willing to also have an Ipad on my lap with additional approach info. I can't even find a way to display that info on the G3X, it seems like its just not a valid output. Am I missing something, or is this really a limitation of the 375? Thanks.

The 375 (and all the 2" navigators) does NOT have VNAV, only VCALC. This function is the same as what the G3X has. Only a VNAV capable navigator (GTN) will display crossing altitude as a field in the flight plan.

The 375 (and all the 2" navigators) does NOT have VNAV, only VCALC. This function is the same as what the G3X has. Only a VNAV capable navigator (GTN) will display crossing altitude as a field in the flight plan.

Thats more than disappointing. I spoke with Garmin multiple times at Oshkosh and everytime they told me the 375 operates the same as the 650, the only difference was the screen size. I'm 55k into a panel and I feel like I was extremely misled about what I consider a key feature.

Last edited:
Osh last year

Thats more than disappointing. I spoke with Garmin multiple times at Oshkosh and everytime they told me the 375 operates the same as the 650, the only difference was the screen size. I'm 55k into a panel and I feel like I was extremely misled about what I consider a key feature.

When I was at Osh last year, Garmin presented a session on their navigators. In it, they specifically said the GTN series will do what you want, but the GNX will need some help. I went to the demo area and had a Garmin rep show me how to do the transition using the GNX 375. i did not find it too terribly different, but it was a little different. After flying the bench demos on both the GNX and the GTN, I think they are still great systems. Sorry you feel misled.

Back