What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Skyview Interface

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
We are speccing our avionics for the RV10 and I have just stumbled across something.

We were proposing to use one of the Garmin Navigators, either 175 or 355 as the data source for approaches etc, but it would seem that once again, Garmin don't want to play nicely and they won't interface with a Skyview autopilot.

Is this correct and is there a workaround, or do we just go Avidyne again ;)

Wouldn't they just send data via ARINC to the Skyview HSI and the autopilot follows that? That's how my 430 seems to work.

I have a GRT Sport EX and a Garmin 175. I needed the ARINC interface to feed the Garmin 175 info to my GRT Sport /GRT autopilot. Works great and has roll steering so it will fly the holds etc. I would believe that you just need the SKYview equivalent.

Keith

Mike,

I have a GTN 650, an AFS 5600 touchscreen set up with the Skyview network, a Dynon SV-ARINC-429 Module and a Dynon autopilot. The key is the Airinc 429 module which lets it all play nice. This system will do full coupled approaches, missed approaches & holding patterns.

Last edited:
Pheeeew !

Thanks Chaps - will move forward.

Dynon make Avionics.....

Garmin also make Fishfinders ;)

Back