What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose A-20 headset

Doug Doty RV8

I'm New Here
I 1st. got a set of softcom's in and they just did not feel good on my head " too much squeeze " so I sent them back with out any more that a try on and decided to drop dime on the new generation Bose A-20's and all I can say is WOW !!!, they fit like a favorite t-shirt the first time I put them on. I flew them in my C150 a couple of times now and it is like flying a singer sewing machine with the ANR turned on. I have also used the Bluetooth to link them to my cell phone and the talking and listening are just perfect both ways, I can not say enough good about them.

Doug...

sounds great. i plan on up grading from my old bose and sell the old one here.

does anyone see a price out there better than $1,090???????? :rolleyes:

Zulu's

Ed, I started out with a pair of Bose's and found a great deal on a new pair of Lightspeed Zulu's and the only time I got to wear them, was when my wife wasn't in the airplane.:D

Yep, I now have my own....about $150 cheaper as well.

Best,

I just ordered the new Bose, they should be here today. Bose is like Gamin the retailers aren't allowed to advertise a price below list.

Family loves them.

I have the a20, x and the Zulu in my ten. The a20 are the best for comfort and sound by far when passing headsets around while flying. The only trouble I am having is they make my ears feal plugged at times. I guess it is just because they are so quiet or the seal works so good. Both Bose are the headset of choice for my family for fit and comfort. I have to where the Zulu as they do not fit small heads, they fall off. Plan to replace them with another a20 after I save a few more pennies so we can all be happy on family trips.

Ed, I started out with a pair of Bose's and found a great deal on a new pair of Lightspeed Zulu's and the only time I got to wear them, was when my wife wasn't in the airplane.:D

Best,

Pete - so the Zulu.2 is your preference?

Extension Cord

I plug my Bose A-20 in the baggage compartment and the controls are to far to reach to adjust. Question is, does anyone know of someone to make extension cords for these or is there somewhere one could buy an extension cord?

Best,

Actually if you have a trade in , they are offering really good deals. I just got a zulu2 for $650 with a trade in (Peltor) for which they gave me $250, on some models they actually offer up to $450 trade in value. This is available on the light speed web site.

Back