What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

April 14th Crookston, MN fly-in (CKN)

cthelan

This is a post for anyone in the Minnesota, Dakotas region interested in showing off their planes and possibly giving a ride or two for a Young Eagles event. The fly-in is hosted by EAA chapter 1342 based in Grand Forks, ND. The chapter is part of the University of North Dakota and is run by students in the flight program at UND.

This is the chapters biggest event every year and on many occasions there have been 100+ kids all excited about planes and aviation. Because we are a student run chapter at UND our access to planes is somewhat limited :( However in the past we have had a few exciting planes join us.... a T-28 and some ultralights and helicopters to name a few...

If anyone in the area has any interest in some BBQ and hanging out with a bunch of kids (young and old) excited about planes....this is a great event for you!

I will have more info for anyone interested closer to the date of the fly-in. Mark those calenders for April 14th!! :D

Time to bump this. l'm looking for the update with a little more information. I hope to still be in the area next weekend, and plan on comeing down for the day.

Hi Greg

Glad to see someone with some interest!! Unfortunately this year our planning has not been the best, but the fly-in is still on out at Crookston and the more planes the better!! We plan on starting the event at 10am Sat. April 14th and it will go till 3pm that afternoon.

I will be there with my 8A and there also be 2 or 3 piper warriors, a Champ and a 152. We are still working on getting a T-28 down for the day and we have also been in contact with a P-51 owner that may come! There are also a bunch of ground events for the kids and a presentation from the Civil Air Patrol. There will also be a BBQ.

I hope you can make it over for the day! I would love to meet another RV'er in the area. Here's a link to our website: http://eaa.aero.und.edu/

The rain date is the next day--Sunday April 15th.

Back