What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

dimmer switch wiring diagram

mattsmith

Well Known Member
I ordered a dimmer switch for my cabin lights a while ago, there was a guy on the forms making a kit and selling them and wouldn?t you know it I lost the wiring diagram. The kit came with a rotary switch and a little board with a project box that could be mounted remotely.

I need the wiring diagram if anyone has it or a description of were number 1, 2 and 3 wire goes.

Thanks much appreciated, Matt

Matt,

From the description, that sounds like my board. The board should be about 2 inches long by 0.5 inches wide the case is flat on one side and rounded in segments on the other. I don't remember the model number off the top of my head, but it should have something like "pwm-xxx" etched on the board.

I am away from home right now so I can't send you copy of the instructions at the moment. If it is my unit there should be 5 contact points on the rotory control. Two are a switch, and three are the potentiometer. On the board there are three holes towards one edge, these holes match up with the three potentiometer contacts when the knob is facing away from the board with the potentiometer on the same side of the board of the rest of the components. The switch contacts connect to the other two open holes on the board, the polarity is not important for the switch. If the potentiometer is connected incorrectly, the worst that can happen is the dimmer will be working backwards (high to low rather than low to high) then just reverse the two outboard connections.

Please send me a PM or e-mail as a reminder and I will also send you a copy of the instructions when I get home in a few days. My memory from that far back may be flawed. If this isn't my board, then of course ignore everything I said.

Last edited:
Back