What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mounting Infinity Aerospace trim board

mattsmith

Well Known Member
Happy New Year to everyone, I am taking advantage of the day off to work on the 8, and in doing so came up with a question. I am using the Infinity Aerospace trim board, the one with six relays and don?t know if this needs to be in a box of some kind or if I can surface mount the board with some stand offs. Any of you electrical guys have a opinion on this? Thanks for any help Matt.

This is the relay board I have
http://www.infinityaerospace.com/Relay_Deck.jpg

Mine is located under the pilots seat using stand-offs. I don't see a need to enclose in a box.

I put.mine in an enclosure to keep any foreign matter from landing on it during acrobatics or turbulance. MY cardinal is 37 years old and I still find consruction debris under the floor when I open it up each year. One little metal chip in the wrong place can ruin your whole day. An enclosure weighs two onces.

006-1.jpg

Here's my relay board - mounted on tabs that were pop riveted to the seat ribs. This is under the passenger seat pan on an RV-7.

flap relay, RV10

I made 4 triangle shape spacers from 1/8 inch plexi small enough to fit at the corners without hitting the circuitry. I made a backing plate from 1/8 plexi the same size as the relay board, and glued the spacers between the backer and the circuit board to stand it off from the solder joints. re drilled holes at the corners and mounted all of same to an aluminum plate with anchor nuts. bend a flange at the top of the aluminum plate with anchor nuts and screwed it under the lip of the rear seat pan behind the flap control arm. The flap control cover plate nicely covers all the wiring and the board. RV10. all my wiring ran nicely through the tunnel created by the flap control cover plate.

Project box

After thinking about it a little more and from the responses from you guys, i found a thing called a project box for about $8.00. For $8 bucks I figure it is cheap peace of mind and the board fits in it perfect. Thanks again for the replies.

Back