What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mixture cable routing O-320 with a MA-3A carb

jdeas

Well Known Member
I am replacing a custom control bracket on an older RV6-A with Van's VA-149-320-PC bracket due to some issues with securing the control cable end points. Installing the new bracket, the mixture control location comes back lower than expected and only a few inches from the from wheel structure. Does anyone have a photo or suggestions on the mixture cable routing for this combination?

Any photos or suggestions would be appreciated, the battery is mounted on the cabin floor and it appears I'll have to route very close to the center line and very low on the firewall to get a good angle on the cable.

The distance between the cable bracket mount and the mixture control arm also seems to be longer than standard.

This may not be helpful, but doesn't hurt. 6A O-360 with firewall mounted battery.

FP03032013A0004S.jpg

not sure if it helps either... -6.9 with battery and battery box inside the cockpit against the FW. Sissy wheel being at the back, the control enters the FW slightly right of CL, above the battery box, e.g. almost a direct route...

Attachments

• IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 101
Colin, you photo do not attached but with the battery location it may not have mattered.
Dan, that photo is what I was expecting. Looks like a much longer cable run than what is currently in this AC. I guess with the angle of the mixture control arm it's all you can do. I should be able to come close in the A model.
Did you need an extension on the mixture cable linkage to reach that far?

Back