What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cowling to Injection fit?

ksdflying

Well Known Member
Friend
Hi, anyone with knowledge of fitment issues with airflow performance injection servo to Showplanes cowling?
I got to finish the engine request of which injection I want.
Engine I chose is the Lycoming IO-360-M1B. I want to buy the Showplanes Cowling, but just haven't yet.
My fuel filter and pump are the airflow performance. Therefore I was wanting to stay with AFP for the Injection Servo. I was looking at Avstar and Precision, but I don't see the pro or cons.

So this brings me to here: Only concern seems to be the fitment of the AFP injection servo (throttle body) to the cowling.

Anyone have understanding of this? Know if because of AFP latest sump design, and I fine, good to go, or will I have to expect fiberglass mod work in that area?

Cowl fit

I have your same setup, except I have the standard Vans cowling. I had interference issues at the throttle and mixture arm area. I formed a blister in the lower cowl to correct this. Not a horrible task unless you are a fiberglass hater.

Appreciate that. Thanks for the heads up. Fiberglass lay up doesn't bother me. I just want as few of mods or fixes as possible so I can get this thing flying.
Thank you for that

Back