What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

5 seat RV-10?

Blastr42

I know 5 seat RV-10s have been discussed until he past, but I saw this from Aerosport:

https://www.aerosportproducts.com/product/rv-10-seats/

I think Cirrus was brilliant with the 60/40 bench and seating for 5. Having 3 small kids means I need that extra back seat or to go with something like a Cherokee 6.

The space is constrained, but the idea is either 2 big people in the back or 3 little people. Is there any reason adding another belt on this type of arrangement wouldn’t work?

Jeff

3 seats- no problem

Check out this past thread- https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=29542&highlight=seat+rv10
I have the bench seats, easy to build the spacer and make 60/40 seats. My two daughters are now grown, but the space in the bench still helps them with moving around over an area larger than a standard seat. When they were smaller they had a friend join us camping and they all fit fine, legs in center needed to be spread around tunnel, but it wasnt an issue for their size. Once you get 3 11 years olds in there they are at capacity, width and comfort wise.
As for your seat belt question, add another shoulder harness in the center, basically drill a 2-3" hole in the center canopy fill it with the thick fiberglass cloth (used for doors) than 4 ply of glass about 5 inches wide under it. plenty strong enough than add the center shoulder belt. the center area (currently the space) needs to have the center and the left 0ne side right the other - so latch and other side on one side same on the other so you would have three sets, the middle one comes up through the hole you'll add to the 60 seat, the rest simply fits through the 40 area where both cushions meet. hopefully it all make sense but its easy enough to do, the center person may have a set coming around lap versus straight across but its quite safe as the shoulder harness is center over the body.
I would do it again, and encourage you to do it!

Last edited:
Thanks!!!!

I'd seen that previous thread, but I hadn't found a usable bench seat (the old Classic Aero link doesn't work and they don't carry that anymore). Your description tells me it is very possible.

Thank yoU!

Flightline interiors sold me a filler cushion for between the standard seats. I just added a third lap belt using the existing attachments with longer bolts. There are multiple ways you can attach shoulder harnesses. I just added a connector bar between the existing cables in the luggage area and added the third harness in the middle.

To stay legal and insured, you need to call out 5 seats on the data plate, and let your insurance know you have 5 seats. It cost a few hundred dollars more when I did it per year. When my kids grew up, they insured me as a 4 seater when I removed the 5th seat belt.

Back