What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Flight Training Dallas area

Hey y'all...I am considering buying an RV-8 and I am looking for a CFI in the Dallas Area to get me up to speed in it. Any suggestions?

Alex De Dominicis specializes in RV training. He uses an RV-7 and an RV-10. http://rvtraining.com Consult your insurance carrier. I bought an RV-7A and they would not count training in an RV-7. I had to go to someone else farther away that had a RV-7A. Or will you be training in the RV-8 that you are buying?

The insurance won't accept RV-7 training to fly the 8 and Alex won't train in my RV-8. That's why I am looking for other options.

Last edited:
BB

Drive/fly down to Angleton and do your training with Bruce! Well worth the travel. All of the RV4 and RV8 folks at my field went to him. Highly recommend!

Bruce Bohannon. flyalegend 'at' gmail.com. 281.889.8078
2720 County Rod 49. Angleton, TX

The insurance won't accept RV-7 training to fly the 8 and Alex won't train in my RV-8. That's why I am looking for other options.

Did you specifically tell your insurance that Alex would be doing the transition training? My insurance initially said no as well until I told them who Alex was and his credentials. Alex is well known. Insurance issued me a waiver thereafter.

The 7 is just a side by side 8. Alex did my training in his 7 and I picked up my 8 the next week. Highly recommend.

Try a new insurance company. I looked at several when I first starting flying my -8 and they all would take any tail wheel RV transition training.

Back