What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ordered Emp kit RV-14A

lipper03

Builder RV14A & ZA750SD
Benefactor
I ordered my empennage kit today for my RV-14A. 6 months is the listed wait, so I'm sure I'll be bugging a few of you as I wait and work on my workshop, tools, and practice.

Thanks all for the advise and general helpfulness so far, I know I'll need it more!

Brian

RV-14A Emp kit ordered 9/27/21
PA-28-236
KIWS

RV-14

With the push of a button the adventure begins. Your learning curve is going to be straight up for a while. Enjoy it!
:cool:

Hi Brian,
Congratulations !
I was so thrilled to do that on the 14th of April of 2021, when the waiting time was then only 4 months.
For the last two days, my RV 14 A Empennage kit is sitting in transporters bonded warehouse near US Canada border for customs clearance as it got tagged for random inspection. Hope to receive it in a week or so.
The kit delivery process goes like this.
1. Pay 25% and order the kit.
2. Pay the balance amount 15 days before the crating date that you signed up subsequently.
3. Off late, it takes a month to complete crating at Van's factory from the crating date.
4. Pay the transport charges and respective taxes, i guess and wait
I had to complete border clearing and GST payments too in addition to the above.
So 6 months wait might overrun to 8 months.
You could get the workshop set up and run trials with the new tools by then
That is all I can share since I have only come so far.
One advice from me after being in this forum is:
A very good knowledge base since great guys with a lot of practical experience is active in it.
So if you wait, watch and participate you can learn a lot. Also buy useful tools, insurance and even kits / upgraded parts at good price as well as get reliable contact info. for quality vendors based on all their experience.
I am really enjoying it.
All the Best !
Cheers
Sreekumar V Nair

Back