What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Experimental"

togaflyer

Well Known Member
Looking for location options for the required "Experimental" for each entry. After all the work to make the insides of the door and cabin top look so pretty, it hurts to lay the word experimental over it. But I guess its what it is. I have no overhead center console, so one recomendation was put the sticker overhead between the doors. Any other options?

I only had it on the baggage bulkhead. I had the interior cover panel embroidered in 3" red letters and it looked good and passed the requirements for the passenger warning with no trouble.

It can also be on the outside or on the window. Ref: §45.23(b) "...near each entrance to the cabin, cockpit, or pilot station...".

It should be obvious to anyone entering the aircraft.

Last edited:
experimental placard

I also put mine on the baggage bulk head cover. it is high enough to be seen from the entry door. Passed inspection by the FSDO on the rfirst visit.

I also put mine on the baggage bulk head cover. it is high enough to be seen from the entry door. Passed inspection by the FSDO on the rfirst visit.

I had a cover made to hide the baggage bulkhead. The bottom is carpet and the top is the same leather as the seats. I'm embroidered experimental in block letters.

Is the door frame thick enough that you can put the word Experimental on it, and then it's hidden by the door when it's closed, but shows when you open it to enter?

I have "EXPERIMENTAL" printed on my wing walks. Nothing inside the plane.

DAR was happy with it, saying you definitely have to look there as you get in the plane.

baggage bulkhead cover

Put me down as another one that has it embroidered on the baggage bulkhead cover.

Vic will be doing the inspection for me. I checked with him and he was ok with it visible on the upper rear bulkhead. thanks for the input.

EXPERIMENTAL

Since I always leave my flaps down when the airplane is on the ground, I put "experimental" on the top side of the flaps as forward as possible with the flaps down (both wings). It disappears into the wing when I put the flaps up. It's always visible to passengers when they board the airplane. It satisfied the FAA inspector.

Back