What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thanks, Garmin!

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
I officially nominate today as Garmin Experimental Aviation Appreciation Day (GEAAD).

You folks are always fast to respond via the forum and email and it's very much appreciated.

Thank you! You have made it a pleasure to own Garmin Aviation products.

I officially nominate today as Garmin Experimental Aviation Appreciation Day (GEAAD).

You folks are always fast to respond via the forum and email and it's very much appreciated.

Thank you! You have made it a pleasure to own Garmin Aviation products.

Ditto to this. They have made the bite of the initial investment go away with the excellent after purchase support, even after several years. It is much appreciated.

The G3X team in particular, and Garmin in general are just awesome to work with. So I second that emotion...

A little bit of 'Whiney'

Yes, Garmin Team-X gets my thanks for good support.

While we're at it, if Garmin upper management could find it in their customer support hearts to push-through an arrangement with Seattle Avionics so that FlyQ-EFB on an iPad could communicate with their G3X units via Connext.

I think that Garmin has made the arrangement with ForeFlight app and of course it works with Garmin Pilot. I don't really know the bottom-line reason - negotiations concerning dollars to allow (sell) a competitor access to a proprietary piece of software has got to be much of the reason. If the parties could find a way to make the arrangement a win for each, it would happen.

As a customer of both, I spent lots to fill my 14A panel with Garmin G3X and other Garmin goodies, and have been using FlyQ for 10 years or more - I won't be going to Pilot or FF on the iPad. So, too bad for me, phooey.

I wish I could say the same for the Garmin video camera team. They are totally unresponsive to known problems with their camera and editing software. Their cameras are still unable to handle speeds over 127 Kts.

Sure wish we had a like button! :)

Ep6dn5Pl.jpg

Back