What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whos carpet?

Plummit

Well Known Member
I need to replace the carpet in my -10 and it looks like there are 2 major players; AeroSport and SFS. Is one better? It looks like the SFS has a more complete set but I really don't need all of the extras.

-Marc

I used a nice indoor/outdoor option from the Aviation Department at Lowes. I only put it on the floors - and the rest of the interior is paint (no Lexus stuff). It worked for my needs and easy to replace when needed.

Carl

I used a nice indoor/outdoor option from the Aviation Department at Lowes. I only put it on the floors - and the rest of the interior is paint (no Lexus stuff). It worked for my needs and easy to replace when needed.

Carl

Carl, did you just use double sided tape to hold the carpet down, or did you find a better way?

Yep, but they are no longer doing RV 10 stuff IIRC. Ditto for Flightline Interiors.

I had a mix of both in our 10----worked well.
About 2 years ago Flightline did my carpets and seat covers. Abby no longer does side panels.. Call and ask.

I'm with Carl. But I ended up using E6000 rather than Velcro tape or the thin carpet tape - neither held well. Can't beat the weight and cost of the Lowe's Aircraft carpet selection.

Lowes indoor outdoor carpet. I spent a good amount of time with foam poster board building template, then trace to back of carpet., cut with xacto knife. $25 in materials. Double side tape, heels rest , seat pressure seems to keep all in place

Pic with tape measure two pieces of carpet, one up on seat angle, and another in flat area under seat back to hinges….split at 7.5” …. Invisible. Save the templates, cut and replace as needed in future. Did baggage floor as well, used the piece there as a template. Obviously not a 10, and my peddles are floor mounted. Good luck.

Attachments

• 68F3ACE6-BE4B-4CCD-AAE6-57EC1D0A64FF.jpeg
    68F3ACE6-BE4B-4CCD-AAE6-57EC1D0A64FF.jpeg
    877.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 8C51469E-8363-4254-8120-F1D9C0304D11.jpg
    8C51469E-8363-4254-8120-F1D9C0304D11.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 127
Heel rests

Butch, what did you use for the heel rests? One of the RV suppliers sold some SS heel rests
But I can't find them now.
Stewart Willoughby, 6 final assembly

Stoo, I purchased the plane with them in place. There is no markings on them as to origin. Sorry

Butch, what did you use for the heel rests? One of the RV suppliers sold some SS heel rests
But I can't find them now.
Stewart Willoughby, 6 final assembly

Here's an option: Leave out the heel rests. I have 20+ years and 1200+ hours on my -6 with no heel rests in the footwells. From a wear and dirt perspective, you can't tell where my heels sit.

Back