What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X trouble ?config module missing?-pls HELP

dmat

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I?m installing a G3X system (non touch) in my RV-6A and keep getting a ?Config Module Missing? error when I boot the system.

I have double checked the wiring on the dsub and made sure it is plugged into the module in the backshell, but still nothing.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I?m installing a G3X system (non touch) in my RV-6A and keep getting a ?Config Module Missing? error when I boot the system.

I have double checked the wiring on the dsub and made sure it is plugged into the module in the backshell, but still nothing.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Triple check the connections and pins. Those are some tiny wires!

Also check that the PFD(which is where the CM belongs) is identified correctly with the program pins (27-10).

That small connector has four wires on the back of it that go to dsub pins inside the connector. The CM wires are really tiny with very thin strands. It's possible the crimp on the dsub pin is frayed or broken. May want to put a little tug on each of the four wires inside the connector.

Larry

Thanks LR. yup checked those connects and seem to be in good order. I might need to reboot the system and reload the software?

I had an issue with my config module while half a country away from home. This isn?t where you get the answers you need. Contact G3xpert. They will get you fixed up quickly.

Hello DMat,

We would like to help you troubleshoot this issue! We will be able to help you best if you contact us at the info listed below.

Best Regards,

Brad

Thanks Brad. received a response (via e-mail) from one of your colleagues. basically... I am being told to buy a new one.

Last edited:
Thanks Brad. received a response (via e-mail) from one of your colleagues. basically... I am being told to buy a new one.

I probably have a few spare non-touch config modules around if you need one.

Wow, thanks Walt! At the moment, I'm going to try and work it out with Stein as I purchased it from them. Called Stein yesterday and he was extremely understanding about it and wants to help.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Another reason why VAF is AMAZING!

D

Just received a call & e-mail from Stein. They are shipping me a new one. Can't say enough good things about Stein and his team. +1 to Stein! Much appreciated.

D

Want to close the loop on this.

I want to give a big shout-out to Stein and his team!

Got the config module and it works perfectly now.

Such great customer service, thanks again!

D

Back