Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 10-04-2021, 10:39 AM

Default Made my morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Terry, successful aircraft construction requires a certain command of profanity. Without the magic words, bad juju builds up inside a builder's head, and pretty soon nothing goes right. Skilled deployment pushes out the bad juju, and transfers it to your neighbor's attempt at lawnmower repair.

Do not be hesitant or embarrassed. No one need know the depth of your skills, as the words are most often spoken in private, or muttered well below a level audible to others.

Not to criticize, but "dangitydarnheck" is suitable for the fabrication of teddy bears or flower arrangements. Aircraft and racing vehicles require powerful expletives, as the juju is strong. Here are a few tips for effective deployment of suitable words and phrases.

Unless raised in a convent, you're already familiar with the most popular four letter words. The secret lies in matching these key words with colorful pronouns and adjectives. For example, the phrases "You dumb.." or "I'm such a stupid.." can predicate a wide variety of four letter favorites, and are particularly appropriate in the case of miss-drilled holes.

Advanced applications include preliminary phrases. For example, a loud exclamation describing female canine parentage may proceed one of the previously given pronoun examples.

Like most skills, effective builder profanity requires practice. Lock the shop doors, chuck a #30, drill a hole in your finger, and be creative!
That is just too funny! LMAO!
RV 10 - 313RT
Beechrv9a@hotmail.com
Old 10-04-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Here are a few tips for effective deployment of suitable words and phrases.

Unless raised in a convent, you're already familiar with the most popular four letter words. The secret lies in matching these key words with colorful pronouns and adjectives. For example, the phrases "You dumb.." or "I'm such a stupid.." can predicate a wide variety of four letter favorites, and are particularly appropriate in the case of miss-drilled holes.
We need a "like" button on this forum!
Old 10-04-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Like most skills, effective builder profanity requires practice. Lock the shop doors, chuck a #30, drill a hole in your finger, and be creative!
Note - for beginners, a #40 drill bit is sufficient. #30 and above are for advanced students.

If you do this with a #30 or above, you will quickly "advance".
Built an off-plan RV9A with too much fuel and too much HP. Should drop dead any minute now.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:55 PM

I got an early jump on things and drilled my finger (#40) right in front of Mark Forss at the Sportair sheet metal workshop. He looked at me as though I might have been the single stupidest person walking the earth at that moment. A tail, wing, and fuselage kit later and I've never repeated that mistake.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:55 PM

Don't forget to make your mistake - er- the personalization of your airframe - gold or chrome:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kintsugi
Old 10-04-2021, 06:46 PM

Hahaha, this thread is fantastic!

I have to ask though. What did Van's support come back with as a repair?
Fuselage at the "porcupine stage"
Dash 8 day job is financing the RV8
Donation till September 2022
Old 10-05-2021, 06:23 AM

If bad language in the shop makes for a better builder, I must be an expert...haha
RV-6A #20603
Complete 5/10/19
PP SEL / A&P
I donate every year on my B-Day (in Dec), but donated early in Sep'19.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Terry, successful aircraft construction requires a certain command of profanity. Without the magic words, bad juju builds up inside a builder's head, and pretty soon nothing goes right. Skilled deployment pushes out the bad juju, and transfers it to your neighbor's attempt at lawnmower repair.

Do not be hesitant or embarrassed. No one need know the depth of your skills, as the words are most often spoken in private, or muttered well below a level audible to others.

Not to criticize, but "dangitydarnheck" is suitable for the fabrication of teddy bears or flower arrangements. Aircraft and racing vehicles require powerful expletives, as the juju is strong. Here are a few tips for effective deployment of suitable words and phrases.

Advanced applications include preliminary phrases. For example, a loud exclamation describing female canine parentage may proceed one of the previously given pronoun examples.

DanH, the gift that always gives. The last time I drilled my finger intentionally, i final drilled through my thumb nail #40 to release the pressure of blood flowing to it after just slamming it with a hammer. Btw, slamming it with the hammer was not intentional.
N588DF RV12 #336 built, sold and alive and well in New York
N73DF RV12 #244 built, sold and alive and well in Florida
N91 RV RV9 I wish I could say I built this one! Mark Santoleri hit the ball out of the park on this gem.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:11 AM

I especially liked " a loud exclamation describing female canine parentage "
project, converting to tailwheel
slider (just because)
Thunderbolt YIO390
Hartzell BA
Steinair Panel (WOW)
Old 10-06-2021, 09:14 AM

THIS is the post of the year!

Quote:

=VAF= donor 2021