What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wing tip lights

SteveL

Good afternoon all!
RV7A. I have AeroLeds wingtip/ tail, works great looks great. I have Van's OP-39 landing lights, wingtip. They draw lots of amps! Has anyone used the "FlyLed" system? I think they call it the works. Is it worth the price? How's the installation?
Thanks!
SteveL

The Works

Good afternoon all!
RV7A. I have AeroLeds wingtip/ tail, works great looks great. I have Van's OP-39 landing lights, wingtip. They draw lots of amps! Has anyone used the "FlyLed" system? I think they call it the works. Is it worth the price? How's the installation?
Thanks!
SteveL

I havent flown yet but I did install The Works kit in my 7A tips. It was fun and easy. Definately a good deal compared to some other lights. You can buy the kit or the assembled.
Excellent instructions. Lots of info and photos on my blog.

Hi Steve

Have a look around the forum using the search function for "Flyleds" and you should find plenty of other feedback on our products.

Our The Works kit is a complete lighting system replacement, however you could also just replace the halogen kitchen lights from your OP-39 setup with four of our Single Spots. We made them with the same mounting arrangements as Van's brackets, so they are as close to drop in replacements as it gets.
Only four amps draw in total and a whole lot more light!

Light

I wonder if that would work on an RV-14 cowling? I have The Works with no wing lights and that might fill in the shadow in the front.

Back