- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:33 PM

Default Feature request

It was nice to see the factory folks at Oshkosh in the flesh after many years of working by email or phone.

I would like some sort of wing locker or pod. As I packed the rv-12 for Oshkosh, I realized that a lot of my baggage area was full of bulky things that didn't weigh much.. sleeping bag, tent, air mattress -- total of that was about 15lbs but took up a lot of space. So perhaps a place on or in the wings that can be used for bulky but light storage. A plane like the NXCub which can be pilot-changed from tri-gear to tail-wheel would be great too -- makes it more versatile if the mission changes a bit.

Sure, Patey-grade hard points to mount a motorbike would be nice, but let's keep it affordable . I echo some of the other things mentioned in other posts too, but this one hasn't been mentioned.

Last edited by rcarsey : 07-31-2021 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarsey View Post
It was nice to see the factory folks at Oshkosh in the flesh after many years of working by email or phone.

I would like some sort of wing locker or pod. As I packed the rv-12 for Oshkosh, I realized that a lot of my baggage area was full of bulky things that didn't weigh much.. sleeping bag, tent, air mattress -- total of that was about 15lbs but took up a lot of space. So perhaps a place on or in the wings that can be used for bulky but light storage.

Sure, Patey-grade hard points to mount a motorbike would be nice, but let's keep it affordable . I echo some of the other things mentioned in other posts too, but this one hasn't been mentioned.
Wing lockers like on a PS-28 Sportcruiser, excellent idea!

Removable Travel Pod on centerline below the fuze (like the "bomb" kitfoxes have) or mounted to the wing itself (or the struts if so equipped). It's all been done before, just gotta make it work on the -15.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:58 AM

Adjustable rudder pedals
Old 08-02-2021, 01:14 PM

If there are rear seats, make them easily and quickly removable or foldable without tools.

Dave
Old 08-02-2021, 04:09 PM

Foldable wings

RV-10 in progress
Build Log
Old 08-02-2021, 05:42 PM

Option for floats.