What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 46-19: Wiring the Silent Hektik

AeroDog

Well Known Member
Friend
Section 46-19 shows 4 of the 7 wires hooked up to the Silent Hektik. I've looked ahead and can't find anywhere where the three remaining wires are located and connected to the regulator. The wires are identified in a figure which says for reference only. Any help is appreciated.

Jerre

Looking at 46-19 revision 1 dated 04/06/18, the drawing shows where all of the wires go.
What terminals on the Silent Hektik are you concerned with?
If terminal "C" is wired as shown, then shutting off the master switch will not shut off electrical power to the aircraft.
Will you know what to do when smoke in the cockpit makes it hard to see? Will you be able to see to do it?

The latest plans do not show details. Below is a picture of the original drawing.

Attachments

• Silent H.jpg
    Silent H.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 171
The latest plans do not show details. Below is a picture of the original drawing.

It's the P204, P205 and P3069 that I'm concerned with. I don't know where they are and I don't see anywhere in the KAI saying to connect them. I'm missing something.

Jerre

Look at the picture in post #3 above. Notice that P204 is followed by 12 and 3. The 12 means that the wire size is 12AWG. The 3 means that the wire is 3 inches long. All three of the wires that you are concerned with (P204, P205 and P3069) are each only 3 inches long. And all 3 of them are spliced together along with wire P156 which is 12AWG and 43 inches long. Wire P156 supplies alternator power to the AV-50001 SWITCH & FUSE MODULE.

Look at the picture in post #3 above. Notice that P204 is followed by 12 and 3. The 12 means that the wire size is 12AWG. The 3 means that the wire is 3 inches long. All three of the wires that you are concerned with (P204, P205 and P3069) are each only 3 inches long. And all 3 of them are spliced together along with wire P156 which is 12AWG and 43 inches long. Wire P156 supplies alternator power to the AV-50001 SWITCH & FUSE MODULE.

But are these wires that I fabricate or do they already exist? Usually if wires are to be fabricated the KAI says so. I'm using revision 3 of page 46-19.

Page 46-20 Revision 1 05/18/16 mentions P156 It is also mentioned on
PAGE 45A-04 REVISION: 2 DATE: 07/03/14
I can't find it on the latest plans.

Back