What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flamemaster in quart can

wvshooter

This might seem obvious but thought I'd ask.

If you buy the quart can from Van's is it possible to mix a small amount for a small sealing job then close up the containers and be good to go for another sealing job at a later date? Assuming of course that you don't exceed the product's shelf life.

I am referring BTW to the fuel tank sealant product, a Proseal substitute, manufactured by Flamemaster.

Last edited:
Yes you don't have to use it all at once. Just mix up as much as you need each time. Keeping the containers in the freezer reportedly extends the shelf life.

Absolutely! I always have a quart can of Flamemaster (proseal) and hardener in the freezer. It is just so useful to mix up a tiny little glob for all kinds of stuff. And just in case you were wondering, it works just fine many years after expiration. Not that I would use old stuff on a new set of tanks.

We do it that way at work all the time. The Feds don't care, as long as we stick to the manufacturer's shelf life limitations.
Personally, I take pride in estimating how much proseal I'll need for a job, and mixing only enough to get the job done, with as little as possible wasted. Along with the professional pride, I figure it's good training if the day ever comes that I can make the jump from "RV dreamer" to RV builder, and I'm paying for the stuff myself...

Back