What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SF Sport Aviation Interior

ColoradoSolar

Well Known Member
For anyone who has the SF Sport Aviation interior and/or air conditioning I would like to know how your experience was with installing it and how you like it. Bonus if you are near Colorado I would love to come take a look.

I am a long way from needing the interior since I am just finishing up my empennage kit and not ETA on the next ones but I like to plan ahead.

I second that, I too am interested in their interior and AC system. I like the look of their overhead console unit that works with their AC unit.

I have the interior without the overhead ac stuff. I like mine a lot. The door gaskets leave a mark on the doors that I clean periodically. The service, attitude and care for my plane was top notch. They installed my interior. I am in Florida.

Weight?

I have the interior without the overhead ac stuff. I like mine a lot. The door gaskets leave a mark on the doors that I clean periodically. The service, attitude and care for my plane was top notch. They installed my interior. I am in Florida.

I have asked SFSA several times for the weight of their interior, but have never received an answer.

Do you have the installed weight of yours?

I decided to not go with a center console for ease of access to the tunnel and went with pretty much the standard instrument panel. I used a faux black leather and cut and glued it to the tunnel cover and that worked out nicely. The SF carpet kit seemed to work out good and if I recall it was a trim and glue in place (its been a couple of years now), the kit also included carpet floor mats front and rear.

I really like the overhead console and head liner. I did not install AC but did install my own design recirculating fan. It's nice to have the option with a flick of a switch to have fresh air blow down over me and my passengers.

My interior is black with white stitching. The doors and overhead console is painted a dark gray, the overhead liner is also a dark gray.

I installed the whole kit myself. The headliner install (trimming around the rear windows) and gluing it up is the most difficult, make sure you use the good overhead headliner glue.

Weight: I would say that the interior does add up and would be on the heaver side, either you have it or you don't.

Sorry I don't have any pics but I think it turned out pretty sharp and am very happy with it.

I ordered it, made the trip to Sun & Fun then drove down and picked up the kit in Delray.

Mike

Just finished my South Florida Sport interior install. Very easy to do with many videos and storyboards to reference every part of the install. If you're stumped help is just a phone or video chat away. I did take advantage of that option many times and Eliane was always there with help and advice.
Overall it was a fantastic product and I thought for what you get it is very reasonably priced. The kit is very complete and once you're done there is not a square inch of metal or fibreglass left exposed. I haven't shot any photos of the finished product yet but if you're interested I'll shoot a few and figure out how to post them.

Just finished my South Florida Sport interior install. Very easy to do with many videos and storyboards to reference every part of the install. If you're stumped help is just a phone or video chat away. I did take advantage of that option many times and Eliane was always there with help and advice.
Overall it was a fantastic product and I thought for what you get it is very reasonably priced. The kit is very complete and once you're done there is not a square inch of metal or fibreglass left exposed. I haven't shot any photos of the finished product yet but if you're interested I'll shoot a few and figure out how to post them.

I would love to see some pics.

Love mine. I covered doors and overhead / center tunnels with leather to complete the feel. Use the A/C all the time.

Center console fits my long legs better than others was it isn't as wide and has knee cutouts. Very comfortable and room to move knees in a crosswind.

All parts fit exactly.

Attachments

• CF071A5C-23D3-4246-9321-E47734DD2011.jpeg
    CF071A5C-23D3-4246-9321-E47734DD2011.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 314
  • EFAC5257-4FCC-427C-961F-6DAA81954A4E.jpg
    EFAC5257-4FCC-427C-961F-6DAA81954A4E.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 377
  • 8A57A5AB-A749-4F59-8FA4-81AF3A34F2B0.jpg
    8A57A5AB-A749-4F59-8FA4-81AF3A34F2B0.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 370
  • A6DA29B4-1282-44E2-85A6-10BDDD724B94.jpeg
    A6DA29B4-1282-44E2-85A6-10BDDD724B94.jpeg
    734.1 KB · Views: 369
  • A26406DE-B031-40B9-911B-209D3E2D9D7E.jpeg
    A26406DE-B031-40B9-911B-209D3E2D9D7E.jpeg
    649.7 KB · Views: 513
  • EC64299F-6CC6-4999-BC75-FDC6C636C6C9.jpeg
    EC64299F-6CC6-4999-BC75-FDC6C636C6C9.jpeg
    732.5 KB · Views: 584
  • 0E01BA54-76CC-47DC-B2E6-154980CD947F.jpg
    0E01BA54-76CC-47DC-B2E6-154980CD947F.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 305
Love mine. I covered doors and overhead / center tunnels with leather to complete the feel. Use the A/C all the time.

Center console fits my long legs better than others was it isn't as wide and has knee cutouts. Very comfortable and room to move knees in a crosswind.

All parts fit exactly.

That looks fantastic!

If you are building an RV-10, I can vouch for the SFSA Interior as being top of the line in every way. I bought their complete RV-10 Interior Kit, including their overhead console and their center console. Eliane is super nice and very helpful. I agree with the gentleman from PA who said the installation help is more than adequate. They have install powerpoints, videos and storyboards that explain everything pretty well. I am very impressed with the quality of their package. The leather is top shelf and, as the other person said, covers every inch of the interior, except the doors, which I really like. Many get extra leather to cover the doors too, but I'm on the fence about that. I'm in Lakewood, CO and my interior is not completely installed yet, but I'm working on it. Again, great kit. You can't go wrong here.

Thanks for the review of SF Sport A. I think I will be using them when the time comes for the interior.

Did you install the AC as well? If so, how do you like it?

Shot some photos of the completed install the other day. Turned out excellent and thanks again to Eliane and Luiz from South Florida Sport Aviation. They turn out an excellent product. Not one square inch of aluminium or fibreglass left exposed on the whole interior.

Attachments

• 20220212_170225.jpg
    20220212_170225.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 20220212_170611.jpg
    20220212_170611.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 448
  • 20220212_170515.jpg
    20220212_170515.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 511
  • 20220212_170626.jpg
    20220212_170626.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 375
  • 20220212_170638.jpg
    20220212_170638.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 500
Shot some photos of the completed install the other day. Turned out excellent and thanks again to Eliane and Luiz from South Florida Sport Aviation. They turn out an excellent product. Not one square inch of aluminium or fibreglass left exposed on the whole interior.

Very nice. Can't wait to get to that point.

Hi Guys,
We are really happy to see that you're enjoying your interiors! Thanks for the positive reviews. It means a lot to us.

If you are happy, we are happy. As RV owners ourselves, we know how nice it is to fly an airplane we love.

We saw that the question about weight come up again. It seems VAF deleted some of the past conversations where this was discussed.

After installation, the full interior will add around 50 to 55 pounds (including the weights for the contact cement and painting material on the doors). This weight is distributed from the firewall to the bulkhead.

The carpet is the heaviest part of the interior. Our carpet is really light and resistant and reflects on the total weight. ALL aircraft with old interiors installed we got here for interior installation, even the ones with only carpet and seats, got LIGHTER after having the old interior removed and getting our FULL INTERIOR installed.

Below is an example of a beautiful remodeling. The old interior was fully removed and the new South Florida Sport Aviation interior was installed (tail number showing is authorized by the owner):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BkCeRvXQL9J4nfzL6

The Air Conditioner will also have its weight distributed from the engine to the tail cone as follows:

Cone: 22lb
-Evaporator, dryer, naca vents, drain hoses, and accessories

Center of the plane, particularly below the back seats: 14lb
Condenser, freon hoses, harnesses, and accessories

Engine: 16lb
Compressor, compressor mounting, freon hoses, clamps, and parts

Total: 52 lb

I would say the total is around 55 to 56lb.

The AC barely moves the CG because the weight is distributed around. Since the nose weight on the RV-10 is huge because of the engine and avionics, adding weight inside the cone is good. The CG will move aft a little, which is good in the case of the RV-10 that normally has a forward CG.

Please, feel free to contact us anytime at 561-454-9201.

Eliane and Luiz
South Florida Sport Aviation

Hi Luiz,
With the A/C install, is there still room for an Oxygen bottle? Also, do you know if the Show Planes cowling will work with your AC compressor?
Thanks!
Paul

Hi Luiz,
With the A/C install, is there still room for an Oxygen bottle? Also, do you know if the Show Planes cowling will work with your AC compressor?
Thanks!
Paul
Hi Paul,

Yes, no problem. I'm just installing one RV-10 now with A/C and MH Oxygen system, I will share some pictures with you soon.

Show Plane cowling is a little more tricky to have the AC compressor engine driven, but is possible, and we will have soon a new option with an electric A/C compressor (same used for EV cars).

Hi Paul,

Yes, no problem. I'm just installing one RV-10 now with A/C and MH Oxygen system, I will share some pictures with you soon.

Show Plane cowling is a little more tricky to have the AC compressor engine driven, but is possible, and we will have soon a new option with an electric A/C compressor (same used for EV cars).

That sounds very interesting. When will you launch that option? Any details on what that will entail?

I’d love to hear more about this. I’m very impressed with the all-electric heat pump/ac in our car and very intrigued by this idea! Can’t wait to learn more.

Thank you Luiz for the update. I too would be interested in the electric option and what alternators(s) and battery upgrade would be required to efficiently operate an electric compressor. I’m also looking forward to seeing your pics!
Regards,
Paul

Good to know.

I just ordered an interior from them. You get a leather interior for 3500.00. Most places are charging almost that much for leather seats alone.

SF Sport Aviation interior

Hi. I have an rv-10. I did the entire interior with them but for the arm rest and panel. They came from aero sports. My old interior was from aero sports product with the overhead console.

The SF Sport Aviation interior is 100 times better. I can’t express the upgrade it made. Full leather with matching headliner and the over head console looks great. Don’t get me wrong I have a ton of aero sports stuff on my plane they do great work. I have their panel and center armrest with quad controls(carbon fiber) I have vents and several other items from them. Great people. But to my interior from SF it’s on par with upper end cars.

They are a small shop. They did the work within the time stated. Cost is higher and I had them put it in. Great choice because it looks and feels great. They even changed the support in the front seat with more lower back support

Attachments

• 0FF04E60-5BA5-4BF5-ADB1-223756F21BDD.jpg
    0FF04E60-5BA5-4BF5-ADB1-223756F21BDD.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 019CD83F-D62A-4968-BF64-FCC1F0DA409F.jpg
    019CD83F-D62A-4968-BF64-FCC1F0DA409F.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 162
  • B6270A10-EC8A-4395-BD25-49F73A8C9FB0.jpg
    B6270A10-EC8A-4395-BD25-49F73A8C9FB0.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 166
Beautiful! Are you running their AC? Curious to know whether their overhead console will work without AC and just the rear NACA ducts like Aerosport’s.

I just received my RV7 interior. Its not installed yet.
It's beautifully made real leather.
It cost just under 4k. What a bargain
Most other manufacturers are charging this for seats alone

Very nice! What colors are those?

Overhead without A/C

Beautiful! Are you running their AC? Curious to know whether their overhead console will work without AC and just the rear NACA ducts like Aerosport’s.

Yes it does. I did add the Aerosport controller since the overhead has vents out the side that can't be opened and closed as delivered. One could easily close them as the main vents provide lots of air and close well.

I fab'ed a plug with two 2" scat fittings, but SFA also offers one if you ask about it.

If you reach out to them they have a tonne of photos of installs, in MANY variations.

Derek

Awesome - thank you!

Yes it does. I did add the Aerosport controller since the overhead has vents out the side that can't be opened and closed as delivered. One could easily close them as the main vents provide lots of air and close well.

I fab'ed a plug with two 2" scat fittings, but SFA also offers one if you ask about it.

If you reach out to them they have a tonne of photos of installs, in MANY variations.

Derek

Hi. I have an rv-10. I did the entire interior with them but for the arm rest and panel. They came from aero sports. My old interior was from aero sports product with the overhead console.

The SF Sport Aviation interior is 100 times better. I can’t express the upgrade it made. Full leather with matching headliner and the over head console looks great. Don’t get me wrong I have a ton of aero sports stuff on my plane they do great work. I have their panel and center armrest with quad controls(carbon fiber) I have vents and several other items from them. Great people. But to my interior from SF it’s on par with upper end cars.

They are a small shop. They did the work within the time stated. Cost is higher and I had them put it in. Great choice because it looks and feels great. They even changed the support in the front seat with more lower back support

I am thinking about going the same route (except doing the install myself). Do you know if there was any issue with the front side panels and the instrument panel? Also do you have a picture of the tunnel in the rear passenger area? The Aerosport center console doesn't come back as far as the SF Sport one does so with the SF Sport normal carpet it will leave part of the tunnel exposed. I would like to see how they solved that.

Back