What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Running Mods for Bing Carbs at SI-912-032

Maybe you can return your old ones for credit? Or just get the MS brand that are blue and sealed in epoxy, since epoxy is pretty much inert to everything.

Maybe you can return your old ones for credit? Or just get the MS brand that are blue and sealed in epoxy, since epoxy is pretty much inert to everything.

I got some of those blue ones and they were a tad overweight out of the box. Sadly, returned them. Dang!

Just advised by parts store that 189's are not available on their shelves yet, however, for all intents and purposes, they are same as 188's except for who made them...and different ID mark.

Anybody out there happy with the blue ones???

I purchased and installed a pair of the Marvel Schebler floats. Weight out of the box was: 3.7 and 3.8 grams.

I got some of those blue ones and they were a tad overweight out of the box. Sadly, returned them. Dang!

Anybody out there happy with the blue ones???

I would not assume that the Rotax test for floats applies to the MS80-430 floats. They're different floats. The only thing that matter is if the horizontal float pins align at the same location when the bowl has fuel in it. Weighting them using the specs of a foam float is in the realm of - my Chevy uses this spec, so I'll assume the Honda does too. In the case, the testing method will work for both float styles, however, the weight specs should be different between the different designs. I'll be ordering a set of MS80-430 soon, as I suspect I'll be forced to change floats again...

Last edited:
Back