What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Big Foot RV-6

Larco

Well Known Member
Just wanted to point out an article in the January Sport Aviation magazine regarding a special RV6 built by Ken Asbe of Mason City Iowa. I meant Him several years ago during my annual visit to KMCW. An article about a great guy, a good friend and true experimenter. Congratulations Ken on making the magazine. :)

I was checking it out this year when it was parked among all the other RV's at Airventure. Even saw a note left on the -6 from EAA rep/writer requesting to talk with him about his mod's. A nice unique RV.

RV9B

Greg Arehart on this list has been running an RV9 with big tires out of Stead, NV, for some time.

Big Foot

The tires on my RV-6 are 850-6. 21.5 inches tall. I also have a set of wheel pants for the tires, designed and built by John Backer of Chapter 94.
North Central Iowa is mostly farm land and 98 percent of my flying is less than an hour, any ground capable of supporting farm equipment is now my LZ
In an emergency. Also I haven't found any grass runway or mowed hayfield to be a problem. And many of the bean fields are rolled and smooth after harvest
So far I have been to seven states in 10 years. It is my stress reliever,
Formation, acro, and just pulling some G's relieve the stress as much as building

Back