What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Price increase

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I'm looking to add a second Com and looking at the price of Com antennas compared to last Feb. 2016 when I purchased the first one. Wow have they jumped in price. Anyone else noticed the increase? Wandering why?

I am looking at Comant CI-105 and Comant CI-122. I was hoping to match the one's already installed on my ac. Quite a difference in price with Delta Pop. I had not heard of them before seeing them listed on Dynon as an option.

We use lots of Comant antennas at work and haven't seen any significant price change. The CI105 is a transponder antenna, not a VHF COMM, so if it's these that you're comparing then clearly there will be a big mis-match in price.

We use lots of Comant antennas at work and haven't seen any significant price change. The CI105 is a transponder antenna, not a VHF COMM, so if it's these that you're comparing then clearly there will be a big mis-match in price.

For the US CI-122 comm he's correct

Spruce prices

Now - $243
Jan 2015 - $200
May 2013 - $178
Jan 2010 - $178

I noticed the same thing. :)

...and the wonders of archve.org and the Wayback Machine...

Last edited:
Com Antenna

Take an outdated Loran Antenna, open up the base, pull out everything except Antenna wire cut and solder, epoxy back together. Wave length is perfect
Total cost. 0

On Feb. 9, 2016 I paid $130 for the CI-105. I did receive a small discount on that order for volume purchase. Todays price is 150.75 for same unit.

Back