What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My Airport Disappeared After Foreflight Update.

Toobuilder

Well Known Member
Like the title says, I recently did the update on my subscription and now my airport identifier (1CL2) "can't be found". We have never been depicted on the charts, but we are a registered airfield. Up until now I've been able to use it as a valid waypoint. Any idea why it dropped off the Foreflight database?

Maybe new direction of what they include as part of their being bought by Boeing? Using different data base from Jeppesen. Only using cooperate or commercial database?

When I established my private strip, Foreflight and WeatherMeister both continued to show it in the old location (there used to be another airport with the same identifier, it was closed) for a couple of map data cycles. I had to call both of them and point out the error to get it corrected. SkyVector got it correct right away.

It appears, and I say "appears" because I don't have any inside knowledge, that at least these two programs/apps were not updating the database that contains all the airport identifying information (lat/long, runways, elevation etc) when they updated the sectional. In both cases I could see my airport in the correct spot on the sectional, but if I tried to do a flightplan it would choose the old incorrect location.

Someone at ForeFlight must peruse this forum- I just checked ForeFlight on my iFone (has latest update) and it found it.

Contact them. Their team is pretty quick at responding to issues. I’d make the subject of email “eye grabbing”

Had same issue with Garmin Data base several years ago.....

I use a GTN-750 and have for several years... during a routine update several years ago, I found many small airports, for example Mallards Landing (GA04) dropped off. I had even saved them as a waypoint and they still dropped off. After a call to Garmin, they stated they changed the data base to include only airports with an instrument approach. Although, they may have changed parameters, because it now shows up, I suspect that is the root of your issue.

What you can do in the meantime is go to airnav.com and get the lat/long and key it in as a user way point, that's what I had to do.

Could be a twilight zone... do you still see your reflection in a mirror. What year do you think it is? It could be the future....:rolleyes:

Thanks all. I contacted Foreflight and they could not duplicate. They suggested that I delete, then re download the database. That fixed it.

Now I can find my way home! ;)

Back