What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Line

I would recommend rebending new line. No need to rush the process of disturb design recommendations. Another fixture in line is another site for fuel issues. Since a significant percentage of early flight testing mishaps occur from fuel starvation as well as beyond the test phase, I would build the fuel system as close to plans as possible.

I know my strengths and weaknesses. Bending tubing and quality flares are skills of mine that need improvement.

I went with TSFLightline hoses on just about everything. They may be a little more expense than the plans, but it sure made life easier.

bob

I second this. I have used Tom's lines for brake lines a between the fuel filter and Andair fuel valve because it allows easy servicing of the fuel filter. Personally I initially dreaded bending line as I had never attempted it before. However with the correct bender from a mechanic and some trial and error, I appreciate the artistic nature of the process.

OK thanks I sent Tom a note asking for a quote and the lead time for 2 replacement fuel lines. I will wait and see the damage before making a final decision, but it is good to know all the options.

Back