What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A call from NavCanada

Flight Itinerary

The phrase "flight itinerary" is not used in FARs to the best of my knowledge. I suspect its a Canadian term of art. It sounds like if someone "responsible" knows when and where you're supposed to arrive, you've met the conditions of the requirement 602.75 (2).

I'm looking for some clarification as to who would be considered a responsible person and perhaps if they need to be at your destination or not? I assume it's someone who could start SAR if you don't show up. Just curious what the expectations of this requirement actually are - not just my assumptions.

The phrase "flight itinerary" is not used in FARs to the best of my knowledge. I suspect its a Canadian term of art. It sounds like if someone "responsible" knows when and where you're supposed to arrive, you've met the conditions of the requirement 602.75 (2).

I'm looking for some clarification as to who would be considered a responsible person and perhaps if they need to be at your destination or not? I assume it's someone who could start SAR if you don't show up. Just curious what the expectations of this requirement actually are - not just my assumptions.

I guess it's up to you to define a "responsible person".

This pilot did not -

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/publications/tp185-2-05-delayed-2744.htm

Your person should be somewhat familiar with aviation, or have specific guidelines on what to do if you don't turn up. In my case it's tempting to use my BC cousin, but that may not be the best idea.

Last edited:
Don,

When I go for a local flight I advise someone I can trust and who knows what the deal is.I tell them where I'm going and when I should return. Either that or call someone I know at the destination and make sure they are aware I have arrived.

If I was going any distance I'd file a flight plan and request flight following. it's not a big deal. That way ATC advises you of any traffic conflicts and lets you know what they require when passing through certain airspace.

interesting topic....most don't do it right!

A quick Google shows...... that you are to ensure all info relative to the flight is referenced, just like a flight plan, only you don't file it with ATC, you choose and inform your 'responsible person', who, in theory, could be anywhere.

https://flightplanning.navcanada.ca/awws/html/doc/autres/InstructionsE.pdf

I was not aware of the level of detail expected! I usually just text my wife the fuel on board, route, and destination, and that I will cal upon landing anywhere.

...perhaps we all need to take another look at this! Does anyone have a good way to do this from a mobile device..or...?

This from COPA

Flight planning follies

Flight plans have always been required for trans-border flights to and from the United States. The only thing that has changed since 9/11 is the U.S. authorities take an even dimmer view of unannounced aircraft entering U.S. airspace.

Canadian authorities are just as adamant that a flight plan be filed for the return trip home.

For travel to the U.S., we have to make our own customs arrangements with U.S. Customs and Immigration and on returning to Canada with Canada Customs. ADCUS on a flight plan is no longer sufficient notice. Even though we must make our own customs notification, we are still required to file a flight plan.

A Cessna P206 arrived at Manitowaning/Manitoulin East Municipal Airport from Port Huron, MI without a flight plan.

A PA28 arrived at Niagara District Airport from Grove City, PA. The pilot requested the flight plan be closed, but there was no information on file. A proposed flight plan had been sent to the FIC several times and when the issuing FSS was called, they said to ignore the proposed flight plans and they would send an active flight plan. An active flight plan was never received.

A PA 31 Navajo arrived in Moncton from the U.S. without an active flight plan. A proposed flight plan had been received, but not an activated flight plan.

A C-172 arrived at Victoria, B.C. from Seattle, WA without a flight plan. Seattle FSS personnel confirmed that the pilot had filed a flight plan, but failed to activate it.

A LA-4-200 arrived at Cornwell Regional Airport in Ontario from the U.S. without a flight plan. The pilot called on arrival to close his flight plan only to learn that although he had filed one, he had not activated it.

A PA-23-250 Aztec was initially on an IFR flight plan from Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC to Brantford Airport in Ontario. The pilot cancelled his IFR flight plan, but did not open a VFR flight plan and arrived in Canada without any flight plan on file.

The CARs state that flight plans must be filed for all flights in sparsely settled areas, in all other areas when the flight is planned beyond 25 nm from the aerodrome of departure, and for all flights to or from foreign airspace.

It appears that some pilots may not be filing flight plans for short flights back to Canada as they may feel that by advising Canada Customs directly, they have fulfilled all requirements.

Other pilots have filed flight plans for their flights home, but are not activating them. In the U.S., Ground and Tower controllers do not open flight plans. An American FSS will not assume you are airborne at the proposed departure time. Pilots must call the nearest FSS on the appropriate frequency when airborne and active the flight plan with them.

When we cancel an IFR flight plan, we cannot assume that alerting services will be kept open when crossing the border. We must file a separate VFR flight plan to cover ourselves.

The other problem we are encountering is U.S. Flight Service Stations are not passing activated flight plans on to Canadian FICs.

There is not a lot we can do about the last problem. We can be more diligent in filing and activating our flight plans when returning to Canada from the U.S. There is more than a legal requirement at stake here. Flight plans are there for our safety and the safety of our passengers.

This summer there have been many CADORS issued when flight plans have not been closed on time. Most of the cases occurred simply because the pilots forgot to close them. A few cases occurred when pilots extended their flights, but did not inform the FIC of their revised time of arrival. Searches are expensive and in some areas of the country, risky. The system works, we do not need to test it unnecessarily.

Have a safe flight.

Dale Nielsen is an ex-Armed Forces pilot and aerial photography pilot. He lives in Abbotsford, B.C., and currently flies air charters. He still freelances as a flying instructor and seminar facilitator. Nielsen is also the author of seven flight training manuals published by Canuck West Holdings.

Got an aviation safety story to tell? Dale Nielsen would like to hear from pilots who have educational aviation experiences to relate. Excerpts from these stories will be used in upcoming safety articles. Dale can be contacted via e-mail: [email protected]

Is there any difference whether you are just transition the airspace and actually landing in the other Country? For example, a trip form southeastern Michigan to Maine would carry me across Canadian Airspace for a short time. My only intended fuel stop would be back in the USA in NY.?

(2) A flight itinerary shall be filed with a responsible person, an air traffic control unit, a flight service station or a community aerodrome radio station.

It's that "responsible person" thing. Where I often fly in northern BC and Yukon, getting flight service on the radio can be pretty sketchy. A lot of the guys flying bush there file their plan with the home base.

In my opinion, good reason to carry a PLB and/or SPOT in a lot of places in northern Canada.

Greg

Flight planning follies

Flight plans have always been required for trans-border flights to and from the United States. The only thing that has changed since 9/11 is the U.S. authorities take an even dimmer view of unannounced aircraft entering U.S. airspace.

Canadian authorities are just as adamant that a flight plan be filed for the return trip home.

For travel to the U.S., we have to make our own customs arrangements with U.S. Customs and Immigration and on returning to Canada with Canada Customs. ADCUS on a flight plan is no longer sufficient notice. Even though we must make our own customs notification, we are still required to file a flight plan.

A Cessna P206 arrived at Manitowaning/Manitoulin East Municipal Airport from Port Huron, MI without a flight plan.

A PA28 arrived at Niagara District Airport from Grove City, PA. The pilot requested the flight plan be closed, but there was no information on file. A proposed flight plan had been sent to the FIC several times and when the issuing FSS was called, they said to ignore the proposed flight plans and they would send an active flight plan. An active flight plan was never received.

A PA 31 Navajo arrived in Moncton from the U.S. without an active flight plan. A proposed flight plan had been received, but not an activated flight plan.

A C-172 arrived at Victoria, B.C. from Seattle, WA without a flight plan. Seattle FSS personnel confirmed that the pilot had filed a flight plan, but failed to activate it.

A LA-4-200 arrived at Cornwell Regional Airport in Ontario from the U.S. without a flight plan. The pilot called on arrival to close his flight plan only to learn that although he had filed one, he had not activated it.

A PA-23-250 Aztec was initially on an IFR flight plan from Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC to Brantford Airport in Ontario. The pilot cancelled his IFR flight plan, but did not open a VFR flight plan and arrived in Canada without any flight plan on file.

The CARs state that flight plans must be filed for all flights in sparsely settled areas, in all other areas when the flight is planned beyond 25 nm from the aerodrome of departure, and for all flights to or from foreign airspace.

It appears that some pilots may not be filing flight plans for short flights back to Canada as they may feel that by advising Canada Customs directly, they have fulfilled all requirements.

Other pilots have filed flight plans for their flights home, but are not activating them. In the U.S., Ground and Tower controllers do not open flight plans. An American FSS will not assume you are airborne at the proposed departure time. Pilots must call the nearest FSS on the appropriate frequency when airborne and active the flight plan with them.

When we cancel an IFR flight plan, we cannot assume that alerting services will be kept open when crossing the border. We must file a separate VFR flight plan to cover ourselves.

The other problem we are encountering is U.S. Flight Service Stations are not passing activated flight plans on to Canadian FICs.

There is not a lot we can do about the last problem. We can be more diligent in filing and activating our flight plans when returning to Canada from the U.S. There is more than a legal requirement at stake here. Flight plans are there for our safety and the safety of our passengers.

This summer there have been many CADORS issued when flight plans have not been closed on time. Most of the cases occurred simply because the pilots forgot to close them. A few cases occurred when pilots extended their flights, but did not inform the FIC of their revised time of arrival. Searches are expensive and in some areas of the country, risky. The system works, we do not need to test it unnecessarily.

Have a safe flight.

Dale Nielsen is an ex-Armed Forces pilot and aerial photography pilot. He lives in Abbotsford, B.C., and currently flies air charters. He still freelances as a flying instructor and seminar facilitator. Nielsen is also the author of seven flight training manuals published by Canuck West Holdings.

Got an aviation safety story to tell? Dale Nielsen would like to hear from pilots who have educational aviation experiences to relate. Excerpts from these stories will be used in upcoming safety articles. Dale can be contacted via e-mail: [email protected]

US FSS will open a flight plan with an "assumed departure" time if requested. We frequently use this, especially for the five minute international flight between Put-in-Bay, OH and Pelee Island, ON. There just isn't enough time to contact FSS to open in the air before having to contact ATC for the border crossing.

US FSS will open a flight plan with an "assumed departure" time if requested. We frequently use this, especially for the five minute international flight between Put-in-Bay, OH and Pelee Island, ON. There just isn't enough time to contact FSS to open in the air before having to contact ATC for the border crossing.

Caution: They will tell you that they will do this, but it won't always happen. As it's not SOP for FSS to open flight plans on a schedule vs. an on-air request, they can (and do) forget to do it. Best just to remember that when in the US, you have to ask them to open flight plans.

I can see benefits to both ways, but on the whole I think i'd prefer it if I had to open my own plans. I typically forget to close them when flying in Canada, because I didn't have to open them. Thankfully I usually fly with a group on longer trips, and all it takes is one person in the group remembering and we can all close our plans on the same phone call after landing... :)

Finally received a bill from NavCanada. Actually two separate invoices. One for $17.85 for services provided (talked to Montreal Tower on the scenic tour) and the second invoice for $55.59 landing fee at Mirabel CYMX. :)

NavCanada's Fees

Well, be glad it's not more. If you had talked in Russian, they would probably have charged you more for an Interpreter's Fee. :eek: ;) :D

I followed your trip around Montreal with great interest, Vlad and did notice the Mirabel encounter....ouch...
A 12000 foot runway..they should be glad anyone still shows interest in this great airport....

Is there any difference whether you are just transition the airspace and actually landing in the other Country? For example, a trip form southeastern Michigan to Maine would carry me across Canadian Airspace for a short time. My only intended fuel stop would be back in the USA in NY.?

david, can't say for sure but my IFR flight last year was over canada with no stop and haven't seen a bill yet. :rolleyes:
IMG_1149.jpg

I fly VFR and IFR regular from DKK-FNT and ERI-FNT. I have done this for the past 5 years both directions in my RV and in a mooney. I take this round trip on average 3 times a year. Never have received a NAV Canada invoice. My understanding in that part of the world there is a standing agreement between the USA and Canada. On that route you even end up talking with Canadian Controllers.

Another quarter another bill for $17.85 this time for Alaska transit and other minor intrusion. It looks like they are getting me on regular basis now :D

Good knowledge, for the logistics officer, of 22C for the next year's traversal...

I would bet that it cost the gov't of Canada more than $17.85 to send you the letter, and process the payment. :rolleyes:

Another quarter another bill for $17.85 this time for Alaska transit and other minor intrusion. It looks like they are getting me on regular basis now :D

Just returned home from a trip to Massachusetts. I'll bet I paid more in highway tolls just through Ohio and Indiana than you'll pay to Canada for a service you actually used.

I just got my bill yesterday from my yearly trip to Canada for $17.85 as well. This year I never landed at any towered airports while in Canada, but I did enter Canada while on a IFR Flight Plan.

Thanks

Ray
RV-10
N519RV (1130 Hobbs)

"I would bet that it cost the gov't of Canada more than $17.85 to send you the letter, and process the payment."

It's a private company, not the government.

That being said, the point remains valid!

It's amazing the number of Canadians that complain about having to pay NavCanada 70$ a year (A heavily subsidized price BTW) ... A company provides you services, and you think they should be free?

Should maybe ask Van's for some free planes too with that logic ...

I for one have no issue with it, NavCanada has always provided me with top notch service ... whether FSS or ATC ...

J.F. - while I agree with your stance on FSS, weather info etc, I can't agree that Nav Canada does a good job for we "little guys", irrespective of price charged. In fact I'd say they are a service provider to the airlines, and that we little guys get the crumbs. That includes some pretty egregious airspace grabs, with Ottawa as one of the best examples of how Nav Can does its best to make its job of handling airliners easy, at the expense of Gen Av/VFR flyers. The Nav Can policy on digital map data is similarly not in favour of the little guys. As a result we're more than a few years behind the power curve when it comes to the digital cockpit.

OK, I'll step off my soap box now... The usual disclaimers apply.

Unfortunately, although we pay our NavCanada fees, they can and do on occasion, refuse VFR flights to transit Vancouver Class C airspace...

Seems to me that if they collect the fee they should be required to provide the service...

I don't know about the rest of the country...

Canadian fees

We took an Alaska trip basically along the AlCan highway. We took off from Bismarck, topped off fuel at Scoby MT and cleared customs at Calgary. The CanPass system worked good. The fees at Calgary however......$150 ramp fee at Landmark in addition to a $82 landing fee! yikes! I was perturbed to say the least and did not argue the charges as I did not trust my ability to state my case in anything other than four letter words.

We just got our NavCanada invoice for $28. This included several IFR legs. The NavCanada fees I can take, the Ramp fee is flippen ridiculous. I can understand a $150 ramp fee for a G4 or something, but a 1800 pound RV? I did get the message though....Calgary does not want any GA planes, and Landmark does not want my business.

It put a sour taste in an otherwise great trip.

Check out COPA places to fly to avoid landing and ramp fees

I hate to see anyone paying fees they weren't aware of. It looks like Whetstone/DelBonita would have been a good choice when heading to Alberta. I cross the border regularly and have never had to pay a ramp or landing fee. Just do a little research before hand. Avoid the major centers such as CYYC- Calgary ot CYVR- VAncouver etc. They don't really want small piston pounders there thus the hefty fees. Below is a link to the COPA page as well as a list of Canadian airports of entry.

http://archive.copanational.org/PlacesToFly/airport_view.php?pr_id=2&ap_id=1184

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/services/aoe-eng.html

NAV Canada

On my last trip to Alaska via Canada, I stopped at Lethbridge (CYQL). No extra fee there at all....

We took an Alaska trip basically along the AlCan highway. We took off from Bismarck, topped off fuel at Scoby MT and cleared customs at Calgary. The CanPass system worked good. The fees at Calgary however......$150 ramp fee at Landmark in addition to a $82 landing fee! yikes! I was perturbed to say the least and did not argue the charges as I did not trust my ability to state my case in anything other than four letter words.

We just got our NavCanada invoice for $28. This included several IFR legs. The NavCanada fees I can take, the Ramp fee is flippen ridiculous. I can understand a $150 ramp fee for a G4 or something, but a 1800 pound RV? I did get the message though....Calgary does not want any GA planes, and Landmark does not want my business.

It put a sour taste in an otherwise great trip.

I wonder what the fine is for getting caught using a Canadian registration call sign (that's not yours) with ATC ? Evil Grin.

J.F. - while I agree with your stance on FSS, weather info etc, I can't agree that Nav Canada does a good job for we "little guys", irrespective of price charged. In fact I'd say they are a service provider to the airlines, and that we little guys get the crumbs. That includes some pretty egregious airspace grabs, with Ottawa as one of the best examples of how Nav Can does its best to make its job of handling airliners easy, at the expense of Gen Av/VFR flyers. The Nav Can policy on digital map data is similarly not in favour of the little guys. As a result we're more than a few years behind the power curve when it comes to the digital cockpit.

OK, I'll step off my soap box now... The usual disclaimers apply.

Oh, as an overall corporate strategy, there's no doubt we're small potatoes, and we are not their focus. That would be partly due to the fact the airlines own NavCanada, and because we represent such a small share of revenue.

Remember how I said the 70$ was subsidized? The true estimated cost, if it weren't subsidized, has been estimated at 1200$/Year. If our 25000 strong aircraft fleet was paying that much a year, we'd probably get MUCH better service :) But then that 25 000 number would drop pretty rapidly, as that is obviously not a sustainable price for most GA owners/pilots.

We're a minority in terms of business volume, what'cha gonna do ... ask for regulation? ;)

I agree with you on the charts front, that's a real shame ... at least it's starting to move. The paralysis is liability driven, they're terrified their charts will be displayed wrong, and someone will CFIT because of it, and they'll get sued. I'm not sure there's even any precedent for this?

The big problem is many of the services and products we use are NOT used by the airlines. AWWS, FSS, VNC's, etc ... all for GA only, and getting the GA sector alone to pay for all that is tough.

Technically, having more competition in everything other than the ATC itself (notably chart products, flight planning services, etc.) would help, but I just don't think we have the critical mass to support that either ...

Nav Canada does a remarkably good job for a regulated monopoly. The $140 per year that I pay for 2 aircraft is not the issue, nor is the land-grab of controlled airspace optimized for the benefit of commercial operations.

What I object to is the lack of electronic databases. The cost and inconvenience of paper charts based on a 20th century model of aviation is unforgivable. In our airspace, paper charts are almost useless to the point of being a safety hazard.

Nav Canada had to make a duplicate chart on the reverse or our VTA just to show airspace and frequencies... And it is still illegible. Flying around in busy airspace with a confusing chart glued to your nose is not safe. A nice database, with popup frequency info is so much better.

Oh, and one more thing.... The FAA is studying the NAVCAN model for implementation in the USA as a paid service. You're welcome!

fees

On my last trip to Alaska via Canada, I stopped at Lethbridge (CYQL). No extra fee there at all....
Yep - my bad - I let the nice straight course line affect my planning and did not call and confirm fees. Lesson learned. Actually my NavCanada bill was $10 higher for landing at a "major airport" as well. Ok here's the mantra.. repeat with me..Small airplane goes with small airport, again..oh never mind, you get the picture.

Vern
I am using electronic Canadian Charts and Approach Plates on my iPad with ForeFlight. I much prefer them to paper and although there is a cost to use ForeFight, it is much much less then it would be to have all the legal paper that I would have required to have gone coast to coast this year. Or is there other electronic information that you are looking for? The CFS is also online now.
Besides that how would one even fit that many maps and charts in the front seat of a Rocket!

Just back from Canada

Haven't flown in Canada for several years, but just returned from a great trip last weekend. New Jersey to London Ontario (via Niagara Falls) to drop my son off at college. Next day I wanted to fly past Toronto along the shoreline but the CNE airshow was on, so I had to divert north of the city on my way to Kingston Ontario to visit family. And then back to New Jersey via Watertown NY on day three.

Will certainly get the NAVCAN "assessment" next month, but I was fairly satisfied with the support I was offered. FSS were easy to reach and file plans with and my trip west to east across Ontario had me talking to almost a dozen different controllers. All were polite and several kept asking what I was flying. Don't think they get too many E-LSAs in these parts. $8 fuel sucks (but I knew what I was getting into having left Canada 20 years ago as a tax refugee). FBOs were also extremely accomodating. Not going to say I favor privatizing ATC but it could be worse for our northern cousins.

just went from Lethbridge to Maine and found that http://ourairports.com

,a Canadian version of our airnav.com helped me decide on some stops.

Larry

Got the expected bill from Nav Canada today, $17.85 for the 1/4. The upside is: We meant some very nice people, seen some gorgeous country and it is off our bucket list. Not saying we will not go back though. Had fun! Larry

Latest charges

Just got my Nav Canada bill for the year, $71.40 inc tax.
I would think it a good deal if they didn't deny me entry into class C so frequently.
As stated on the back, the charge for foreign registered aircraft for 2015 is c$17+tax per quarter (March1 to May31 etc)
The deal this year is the Canadian dollar is around .79 us.
If you've been thinking of visiting, this is the year.

Just What Is a Quarter?

Plans for our first Canada/AK trip this year relied on a yearly quarter being the Julian calendar Jan, Feb, Mar; April, May, June, and so on. Now I see a post where a billing defines a quarter as three months from the time of first contact.

There are strange things done under the midnight sun... but what is Nav Canada's definition of a quarter?

John Siebold
Boise, ID

Plans for our first Canada/AK trip this year relied on a yearly quarter being the Julian calendar Jan, Feb, Mar; April, May, June, and so on. Now I see a post where a billing defines a quarter as three months from the time of first contact.

There are strange things done under the midnight sun... but what is Nav Canada's definition of a quarter?

John Siebold
Boise, ID

Calendar quarters starting Jan 1. See page 7 -

http://www.navcanada.ca/EN/media/Publications/Customer-Guide-Charges-EN.pdf

It's Not a Calendar Year

Thanks for the link, Gil. In reading the document, however, quarters are based on a "annual fee period" year beginning March 1, ending the last day of February, not a calendar quarter. E.g., first quarter is March 1 - May 31.

John Siebold

Thanks for the link, Gil. In reading the document, however, quarters are based on a "annual fee period" year beginning March 1, ending the last day of February, not a calendar quarter. E.g., first quarter is March 1 - May 31.

John Siebold

Sounds normal for a big bureaucracy to define a quarter for their own purposes (fiscal quarter), nor their clients' purposes (calendar quarter).

Sigh.

John Siebold

Correct, sorry I shouldn't do late night posting 7 time zones away from home...:)

At least I got the link correct. :rolleyes:

Never left US airspace but got the bill!

Flying from Central Michigan to the U.S. Sault with flight following. Just North of Mackinaw bridge by Chippawa County airport, center transferred me to Toronto Center and they transfered me to Canadian Sault approach. Their airspace extends across our border right up to the edge of the U.S. Sault runway. I never left US space and never entered Canadian territory. Also, I didn't ask for these transfers but didn't refuse them either.

Sure enough, I received my $20 quarterly bill and another one from Canadian Sault airport. Hey guys, I never left the U.S.! Do I need to pay these?

Thats crazy Paul. I have no idea legally, but I believe if you are not in their airspace, and can prove it, they would have no authority. The question is, how easy is it to change your N number! Ha!

I see it the other way ... although surprising, you did use the services of the company, and therefore should pay for services rendered. Within that context, the quarterly charge (the 20$) would seem fair, but I'm not sure what that airport bill is about ... if you didn't use the airport, what are they charging you for?

Looks like the airspace for CYAM (the control zone) definitely extends into US airspace (it is one the charts ...), if you talked to the tower, you used Nav Canada services ... but that would only explain the 20$, not the other bill.

That being said, it is a strange situation. You could certainly try to plead your case with Nav Canada ... who knows, they might be receptive ... You're in US airspace receiving canadian ATC services ... but they might argue that you know, it's on the charts!

Or you could simply not pay it of course, unlikely anything all that terrible would happen!

Flying from Central Michigan to the U.S. Sault with flight following. Just North of Mackinaw bridge by Chippawa County airport, center transferred me to Toronto Center and they transfered me to Canadian Sault approach. Their airspace extends across our border right up to the edge of the U.S. Sault runway. I never left US space and never entered Canadian territory. Also, I didn't ask for these transfers but didn't refuse them either.

Sure enough, I received my $20 quarterly bill and another one from Canadian Sault airport. Hey guys, I never left the U.S.! Do I need to pay these?

Maybe you got my bill Paul. I am sure they didn't bill me for last two quarters. I will pay it give me the invoice :)

Assuming this is Sault St. Marie airport, they do have landing fees but do not get to charge them just for you talking to the approach controller. You do need to pay the NavCanada fee because you did use their services... All controllers work for NavCanada, including those at Sault. Unless you touched down on the airport, they have no business sending you a separate bill.

It's probably just someone looking through a list of idents handled by the controllers and assuming that everyone was on their way in and landed, hence they send out a bill. Read it carefully, if it's a landing fee you can return it with a note that says you never landed and probably forget about it.

I recommend you contact AOPA and their affiliate to the north, CAOPA. someone there will be able to help you.

Back