What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Horn Brace Rivets...

Roy25101

Any idea how to get these four AN470AD4-6 rivets set in the Rudder Horn Brace? I don't seem to have a viable solution in my arsenal. Thanks in advance...

2mS7L65

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 259
I think I was able to get some with a longeron yoke, then I bucked the others with a gun and bucking bar.

For the RV7, Drawing 7 calls out the optional use of LP4-3 rivets here. Might be worth checking if you have the same option on the 14...

Any idea how to get these four AN470AD4-6 rivets set in the Rudder Horn Brace? I don't seem to have a viable solution in my arsenal. Thanks in advance...

2mS7L65

I used a longeron yoke with CP-214[clone] squeezer for most of the R-710 rivets, along with a 3" and 4" yoke + the right extension sets...

Sometimes its the order that you put things together that is important. In your example maybe those rivets should have gone in first and then the blind rivets. I'm not looking at the instructions so I'm not sure what they said but its good to think ahead sometimes. Van's doesn't always provide the best sequencing in the instructions.

Ditto on the LP4-3 rivets. I just did this on my -8 and the plans said that was a suitable replacement.

I remember these being tricky. I used a longeron yoke, and I believe I bucked at least two of them with a small tungsten bar.

Back