What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Good evening Big Apple

Vlad

Well Known Member
On a busy day in a busy airspace every flying soul treats others as a pro. I did my best to pretend being one.

Cleared into Newark Class Bravo altimeter tree triple zero traffic heavy boeing on two mile final...

Fly over 22 numbers at fifteen hundred I will work the handoff to LaGuardia.

LaGuardia experimental xxxx requesting East River Exclusion cross Central Park and checkout Hudson southbound.

Six bravo kilo your traffic 12 o'clock your altitude helicopter over Roosevelt.

Then there was a machine gun chatter the controller gave instructions to at least three helicopters and two fixed wings. I acknowledged my portion and crossed Central Park. Somewhere here I realized that I am not primed.

Checked out and headed home. There was still some daylight left for tie down.

Now it's Bacardi Time.

Keep pounding those rivets...

Nice circle of the neighborhood. How does the foliage compare?

Snapseed-0-480x640.jpeg

Pine Creek Gorge​

Van's Calendar

Van's is looking for some photos for their calendar. I move that you send them that photo of Bacardi!

Nice photos of a nice flight.

Last edited:
Van's is looking for some photos for their calendar. I move that you send them that photo...

I'll heartily second this recommendation, Vlad. Send that photo to Vans for the calendar!!!!

Once our airplane is flying, it is my hope to convince you to take us on an air tour of New York as a "flight of two". You certainly know your way around that place by air!

New Mission

Vlad,

We have a new assignment for you down here in Texas, you will need to change your heading immediately and head this way. :D

LIFE IS GOOD!

Thanks Vlad...Beautiful pictures of the city and a very pretty young lady at the end. What could be better!

Hey, still waiting for you to come down and "fly the hill" at W24 my friend.:)

Thanks guys for the smile that was the intent.

Vlad are you stepping out on me? Bacardi Time?
Hey it's Manatawny Time!!!!

Jeff we need to talk. At any airport I visited (except Pottstown and Salmon Farm) nobody knows your brand. :D

Vlad, I have a lot of respect for you. Although I'm making good progress on my aircraft, and have flown recently with instructors, I'm not a current pilot-in-command. I eagerly await the days when I can jump into my own aircraft and fly where I wish with impunity...

Vlad, I have a lot of respect for you. Although I'm making good progress on my aircraft, and have flown recently with instructors, I'm not a current pilot-in-command. I eagerly await the days when I can jump into my own aircraft and fly where I wish with impunity...

Thank you Martin. Now put your computer to sleep and go to the shop finish that elevator. The adventurous future is waiting for you. Don't worry about PIC currency now. I got my private pilot license after I received airworthiness certificate. :)

Cold War

No Cold War going on with "Bacardi".
Vlad, you magnificent bxxxxxd.

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A
N942PT

I was there yesterday (Thursday) also...flew the Hudson River from KFRG and we probably passed each other (RV7A N247ST). Then flew up the river to KPOU and the town of Beacon to visit the Dia Beacon...highly recommended art museum. What a fantastic weather day! (Not so fantastic returning IMC through the cold front and thunderstorms in Western PA and Ohio today, but all is well).

Motivational!
Vlad, you should drop by the house to see my progress. Moving to a hangar this Fall/Winter.

Big Apple Pics

Hello Vlad,

Great Pics Vlad.. unbelievable..... additional with this Passenger :)...

a Dream for an Austrian RV Pilot with our small Land....

greetings Manfred

Bladimir!

You need to bring her to the Bungalow! I must interview her!

;) CJ

Aintgonnahappen Captain. Maybe next year.

Motivational!
Vlad, you should drop by the house to see my progress. Moving to a hangar this Fall/Winter.

Glad to hear about the progress Bruce! Will stop by some day too busy at work.

Hello Vlad,

Great Pics Vlad.. unbelievable..... additional with this Passenger :)...

a Dream for an Austrian RV Pilot with our small Land....

greetings Manfred

Manfred,
Take an aluminum tube over the pond and we will get you a nice ride here.

Last edited:
Bragging Rights

How about now Paul? :D She was even flying RV with two fingers for some time. She surely has something to brag about back home. :D

Vlad: I think you also have something to brag about! Nice flight AND pictures

Regards,

Fernando

Back