What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Good guy report: Classic Aero

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
During the rebuild of my plane, I decided to upgrade to the full Classic Aero interior package. I want to thank Classic Aero for guidance and patience with my questions. The interior arrived exactly when promised. The dude that packs the product for shipping has got it together. There was not a molecule of extra air in those boxes with everything wrapped and thoroughly protected.

Install for the complete package took roughly 7 hours. Everything fit better than OJ's gloves:D. What a difference!!! Things are real comfy now.

Great job, Luke and the others at Classic Aero. I'll be ordering shortly for the new 7!!!!

Nobody seems to take pictures of how these panels fit in and the install process in general, I'd like to know where I can plan to plumb on board oxygen and some other bits and pieces, but I have no idea how the aviator side panels attach or fit in, and I haven't been able to find ANYTHING on builder logs about this

Nobody seems to take pictures of how these panels fit in and the install process in general, I'd like to know where I can plan to plumb on board oxygen and some other bits and pieces, but I have no idea how the aviator side panels attach or fit in, and I haven't been able to find ANYTHING on builder logs about this

very much agreed...if anyone has documented this, it would be very helpful. Darwin?

Part of the reason maybe that the installation is such no-brainer and easy that no one takes any time to take picture or document. I have had the aviator package and was amazed by the ease of installation and the comfort, not to mention the beautiful & craftsmanship.

The side panel, if measured correctly which they will send you a template and instruction as how to measure will come glove fit and Velcro to the sides. The way they are held, there is no flapping or looseness in the side panels and removing for inspection or running any wire/hose is just as pulling them off (Velcro)

My xconutry trips on these seats have been much more comfortable then any couch trip on airliners.

Easy

Ron and others,

I think Mehrdad hit the nail on the head. Other than pictures to show the completion, there is no reason to document the install. Each side panel is held in place with two Rivnuts (provided and only a pull squeezer needed). The rest is a quick test fit, then securing the velcro.

In my case, I have a battery box inside the cabin on the floor in front of the AFP fuel pump housing. So, I had to provide some special measurements for the carpet. If you have a stock config you'll have a very easy time installing. If you don't you'll need to consult with Luke when you order.

Again, I'm amazed at how well everything fits. The seats are really comfortable and will make 7.5 hours in the seat tomorrow a little more bearable.

Darwin

Sorry I missed you yesterday, but I was out using one of our remote strips till around 1. Hope you have a great trip...I love my Classic Aero too. I have made several 3hr flights and seats still feel great when landing. Would use them again in a heartbeat. Fly Safe

Classic Aero are great

I have to jump in and say that my experience with Classic Aero was nothing but positive. I am on the other side of the world from them, but their service, promptness and packaging resulted in a set of seats and other items that exceeded my expectations. They were perfectly constructed, beautiful to sit in and look at and they arrived in perfect condition. I would thoroughly recommend them to any builder.

Cheers

Jim

Back