What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Scratches! Oh No!

CaptJack

My polished aircraft got some scratches during its condition inspection. 🙁 Lesson learned the hard way! Always take precautions and protect the parts of the aircraft your leaning against while working! A moving blanket or even blue painters tape would have prevented my anguish!But hey, at least I have crotch straps installed now. Suspect a belt buckle or perhaps a bluejean rivet did the damage. I’ve gone from the pissed off stage to the how do I repair the damage stage. Can I try to spot repair the scratched areas with Nuvite? Or do I wait until
I have the time and give the whole aircraft a re-polish? New owner of a nice polished 7. Thanks!

Paint it! Just kidding! Could not resist!

I know nothing about polishing an aircraft, but I do give you guys a lot of credit; I have heard it is a lot of work to get it right and it does look awesome.

Any time I'm working on aircraft, or working on anything around the House or Hangar, I wear bib overalls. No belts, no brads, etc, and lots of pockets.

Back