What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Maintenance Manual on Van's website

rgmwa

Well Known Member
The Maintenance Manual has been posted in the RV-12 Service and Revisions area on Van's website (2/22/2011).

Revised Maintenance Manual

I sure wish Van's would put some sort of mark, asterisk, or other indication of what is changed when they revise something. I grew weary of scanning every word and drawing for some minor spelling or word change in revisions. Now they have a 185-page revision...surely every page isn't changed !

Why not mark the changes on the new pages, so we can just download the pages needed? I have no way of getting 185-pages printed out because I live in a rural area, and don't want to spend all day printing the changes out from my computer, nor spending hours comparing every word and drawing in the old manual against the new one shown on Van's web site.

As a final suggestion, why not offer the revised manual, printed out completely, to builders? I'd be glad to pay a nominal price for the new manual.
This isn't rocket science for heaven's sake !

MM revision

John:

There is a summary at the beginning that gives the revision dates of each chapter. It appears as though there are no recent revisions in this version. Perhaps they are just finally getting around to posting it. The last revision date was 5/2010 and only applied to one chapter. All of the remaining chapters are dated rev. 1 from 4/2010. In essence, you would only need to compare the revision number of your chapters to those in the summary and print only the chapter that has changed. I suspect that for any significant changes, they would send a change notice to builders just as they do for significant changes in the plans.

Jeff

Does anyone have or have access to some software that will compare two .pdf files and list the differences?

I used to use a program called Arxais Merge that will compare two text files and list the differences separately by highlighting the changed sections with the two documents being displayed sided by side on the screen.

But, my version of Araxis Merge will not handle .pdfs.

Used it to compare large blocks of computer code in the process control industry.

Back