What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can I reset the HOBBS/TACH on Garmin G3X?

AX-O

Well Known Member
I just purchased a set of non-touch GDU 370/375. I am trying to figure out if I can send the units in somewhere and have the HOBBS/Tach reset to zero. I can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks.

Are you able to power the units up? If so, entering the config mode is pretty easy -- that's covered in 34.2, Page 34-2 -- Press and hold the left most soft key and hold it while applying power.

From there spin the FMS over to the ENG menu, time settings is buried under there.

The Engine Time (Current Hours) can only be changed after unlocking the Engine Time Configuration
page by pressing softkeys 2, 3, and 4 in order, then using the FMS Joystick to highlight the Current Hours

The Total Time
(Current Hours) can only be changed after unlocking the Total Time Configuration page by pressing
softkeys 2, 3, and 4 in order (softkeys are numbered consecutively left-right, see Section 34.2), then using
the FMS Joystick to highlight the Current Hours field.

I am not even close to putting power on the screens. Just trying to figure out if that is something i can do or have to send it out.

That is like up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-A-B-B-A-Select-Start within a few seconds to get extra lives on a video game. Bonus points if you know what game.

Thank you for the info. Will refer to this once i can put power on them.

Yes you can. I did it with my 370's that had 5 hours on the hobbs when I got them. You have to press a couple buttons to do it, but I don't remember the particulars.

Larry

Back